It seems like you started up an uncycled tank and are experiencing the fish loss associated with it. There are bacteria in aquariums that feed off of ammonia which is produced by uneaten food and fish waste. These bacteria convert the ammonia into nitrite. There is a different type of bacteria that then consumes the nitrite and converts it into nitrate. Both ammonia and nitrite are highly toxic nitrogen compounds in the water while nitrate is much much safer. You really should be shooting for 0ppm ammonia, 0ppm nitrite, and less than 40ppm nitrate. In a cycling tank it is okay to have a .25ppm concentration of both ammonia and nitrite but you will need to perform a 50% water change when they rise above that level. An API master test kit will allow you to accurately test for those.
What fish do you have in the aquarium?
How large is the aquarium?
What are you doing for water changes?
How long has the aquarium been set up?
What are your parameters?
Take a look at this link and it will explain maintaining a healthy tank while cycling.
I just learned about cycling but I already have fish. What now?! - Aquarium Advice