Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-22-2011, 05:49 PM   #51
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I think it's just interesting. I like watching the relationship between the different species and the interaction with me and their food.

I also love taking photos of them and have exchanged fish in quite a few times when I wanted a new model to photograph. Some fish never get traded though.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:12 AM   #52
Planted Tank Addict

Send a message via MSN to daileene Send a message via Yahoo to daileene Send a message via Skype™ to daileene
I originally bought an aquarium because my then 4 yr old (5 now) wanted a fish. Little did he know that his mommy is going to be addicted to it. So his aquarium became mine (of course he doesn't know it yet). Hehe!

Like most people here, it became an addiction (bringing me to MTS)! Specially when I become interested on having live plants. Now my focus aren't only the fish. Having a healthy fish plus healthy plants makes me happy. PWC's is always relaxing for me. Doing the tests at first is a real challenge but I am learning. Became an obsession on making everything right.

All in all, having a living thing in our home whether its only fishes or with plants, knowing that you contributed to their thriving conditions, makes me feel at least fulfiiled and satisfied in some way.

And yeah, they are definitely much easier to care for (dogs has to be trained with No, stay, sit, roll over, etc. (although I owned 4 of them before and loved them to death too) and cats needs to be trained to use the litter box, etc.) coz they cannot chirp/bark/meow, and you don't have to yell at them with the word "NO". LOL. They are the most quiet pet ever!

And my 5 yr old also named all the fishes as well and always tried to help me with anything to do with the tanks. +Ditto with saying "night night fishes" and "good morning so and so..." (citing all their names).

There is nothing more satisfactory than making everyone happy...I guess!

5G Planted|10G Planted|10G Planted #2|10G Paludarium #3|20G Long Planted|20G Long Planted#2
"Love is long-suffering and kind. Love is not jealous." (1 Cor. 13:4a)
daileene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 04:24 PM   #53
Aquarium Advice Addict

It's relaxing for me. It is very gratifying to slowly build your own little Eco system.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:25 PM   #54
Aquarium Advice Addict

That and it is a great conversation piece, children and adults alike can't resist the tank. I think it gets watched as much as the tv.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:30 PM   #55
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Well my 3 year old wanted a pet and it's the easiest pet we could think of at the moment...boy were we wrong...LOL. I do love looking at my fishes and it's just relaxing after a days work. I agree PWC is actually enjoyable..weird i know.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:33 PM   #56
Aquarium Advice Activist

i got my current set up because my 4 year old constantly wanted to go and watch the fish in the lfs. i also noticed that it calmed him down and has helped him with his medical condition
Old 03-03-2011, 02:45 PM   #57
Aquarium Advice FINatic

First of I like taking care of animals. Dogs, cats, horses, fish... Etc you name it, I got it LOL animals are the center if my world an I just enjoy watching them, learning about them, caring for them.

Second: I love to learn! Aquariums are fascinating and there is so much about them. You never seam to be done learning new things

And of course THIRD of: it is beautiful to look at, WAY BETTER than TV and while you observing it always feels like instant gratification. And we all know humans like instant gratification. So aquariums are a constant fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacMyers
Because every other animal I put in my tanks dies.
LOL
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:18 PM   #58
Aquarium Advice Regular

havn't actually got my set up yet but, i am sarting this hobby because i love fish, i do alot of fishing, and when i get home from fishing i want to go back again so having an aquarium might keep me at home a bit more.
Aquarium life also sounds very interesting and i am rather creative so decorating my tank when i get it is something i know i will enjoy.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:29 PM   #59
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kondoe
havn't actually got my set up yet but, i am sarting this hobby because i love fish, i do alot of fishing, and when i get home from fishing i want to go back again so having an aquarium might keep me at home a bit more.
Aquarium life also sounds very interesting and i am rather creative so decorating my tank when i get it is something i know i will enjoy.
Are you going to do sw or fw?
Old 03-05-2011, 01:43 AM   #60
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purevil21 View Post
Are you going to do sw or fw?
freshwater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com