Why do you love aquariums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This may have been covered before! Just wondering why everyone loves aquariums? What keeps you motivated to put the time and money into this hobby?

Personally, I just love the fact that I have created a "home" for my fish. I am responsible for their food, health and happiness! Also, I am amazed by fish and what they can do for the mind!

I have a god complex, So having a tiny world in a glass box whose's existance soley depends on me satisfies that requirement nicely.

I love fish biology and behavior, and aquariums allow me to examine both in my own home. :)

And I like my fire shrimp too. :p

Well I got the first one for the grandbabies to look at the goldfish. Then MTS set in. lol I need a bigger house. Nah, just need to plan things a little better. I am cutting back, getting rid of my 55 fw, my 26 bowfront sw and my 30 sw. (gotta make room for the 125 I just got) lol :mrgreen:

For me it's the total relaxation that I get when I sit in front of the tank and watch. Our tank is in a room all by itself. Sitting in front of the tank is a black leather reclining/massaging chair with a foot stool.

The fish swimming back and forth and just watching them do different things relaxes me to the point of sleep. If I have a hard day at work I just sit down there for about a half hour and I'm good to go.

I find my wife there most of the time. She loves it.

Mike

I really like William's answer.
Aside from that, it gives me something to talk to all of you about :wink:

I just enjoy the fish--their behavior, personalities, looks, etc. I even enjoy having to deal with all their different needs (foods, water conditioners, etc.). Plus they provide my little kids with endless entertainment.

I like that I am able to help these creatures thrive, not just survive. I have them in my den to watch instead of the TV, and in my office to watch when I get stressed out. I like how each different tank setup, planted, not planted, rocky, dim, bright, etc. has its own beauty and unique appeal. Incredibly satisfying hobby, and I will never stop learning - there is too much to ever learn it all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom