Why do you love the aquarium hobby?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is a very good question i think al :)

I love the hobby (not so much my pocket) but for the whole life an aquarium can offer. I enjoy buying new fish, buying new equipment, scaping aquariums and generally making the home for my fish as natural as possible. I could go on for hours but im keeping it short lol

Observing and contemplating a world of life so different from our own. So peaceful and observable but never completely understood. For me, Lydia Ann Bangert Wilkins and memories of a 12 yr old boy she gave his first aquarium to. Thank you Grandma. OS.

I love getting to know my goldfish, and making them content. They are such good pals to have and talk to! I also enjoy the science behind looking after fish, and learning new things every day to make my little guys healthier and happier.

:)

I love recreating natural environments for something to live in along with the fact that it is very rewarding to see your plants and fish grow and breed and there are endless possibilities in what species you can keep and different tank sizes and reefs... It is a great hobby, time burn, relaxation, and money pit.:)

Money pit indeed but very satisfying at the same time. I like coming home from work and turning my light on and just watching them I loose track of time sometimes I look at the clock and more than an hour has gone by. Money we'll spent

I'm an animal lover really and aquariums are something i can easily keep while i'm renting. As a kid i caught all manner of creek fauna as short term pets which i kept in buckets. I just loved swimming things back then (as well as crawling, scuttling, scurrying, jumping, rolling, digging, sliding and flying things TBH).

When i went to uni i got a part time job and decided to buy an aquarium with some of the proceeds. I kept a few hermit crabs in it at first then they died and i opted for Goldfish. Recently i found this site and have developed MTS and keep a growing variety of fish. It is nice to be able to relax and watch these alien creatures in the comfort of your home. They are pretty undemanding. If need be i can feed twice a day and do a water change weekly, maybe trim plants fortnightly too. But i can also stop to see what is happening in a tank and lose 15-60 minutes of my afternoon when i had no intention of tank watching. If my Kuhlis are out then i clear my schedule and hold the phones. Just love the intimacy shown by these little guys i can watch them for minutes at a time. I could watch them for hours if they would let me (night light required). I love seeing fish schooling too. My comets are like aquatic dogs really. If i put my hand in the tank they will try to play with it and they get mega excited whenever i enter the room, eat food out of my hand are just a fish that are interactive with people. I guess i just like seeing the personalities of different fish species. Even my Ramshorn snails have made me laugh. Watch them for long enough and you will witness a snail fart when they are at the surface of the tank.

It's very therapeutic and relaxing for me. Also it gives me something to do and it's very rewarding, expensive but rewarding. I love walking by the tank and all of my little water puppies come swimming up to the corner begging for food, and I love all of their individual personalities, everything about them is just so diverse.

Love observing animals and fish are really interesting to watch

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I actually wanted to farm fish for a living, but I'm tied to the east coast, and I would need to get out next to a river filled with flying carp so that I have an unlimited supply of fish meal.

We'll see how vegetable farming goes, but I love watching my fish grow, seeing them in the tank going about their business.

Back
Top Bottom