Why does liveaquaria sell Brazil Sword?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trout11B

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently purchased a Brazil Sword from my local go to point for live plants here in town, and didn't realize that it wasn't fully aquatic. At the store I decided to see whether or not I would be able to grow it because I haven't really looked into them before and they looked pretty good.

Anyway, my main source of information at the time was the Internet on my smartphone. Well liveaquaria popped up and gave me the rundown on Brazil Sword and I thought to myself, "sure why not." We'll I found out later why not. Apparently it isn't a full aquatic and I wasted some money. So why does liveaquaria bill this as an aquatic, or am I just missing something?

I've read that it can be either partially or fully submerged. I have no experience with it though. After checking out liveaquaria. The description says the same as well.

A lot of what I've been reading says that it can't be fully submerged, another sword commonly named a brazil sword can indeed be fully submerged. Unfortunately, Spathiphyllum tasson seems to be non-submersible for long periods.

If anyone else has any experience I'd be glad to hear it because I do like the look of this plant.

I've kept this plant before. It grew well and I never had any major problems

Yes. There is another plant called brazil sword that grows out of water I think

That's what I've heard. That's why I was wondering if what you had was the same as to what I referred to above.

You have to be careful and double, triple check every online source for fish and plants. I too found alot to be disappointed with live aquaria. Half their inventory of plants is misleading like that.

See, I'm getting such mixed experiences dealing with this sword I'm wondering what's really up. Anyway, I might try to trade a friend for some mosses or something. I really like the look but I'm not going to waste my time if its going to rot.

Back
Top Bottom