Why don't I think first?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gillie

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well as of now all of my little projects are put on hold for quite a while. I had a friend that kept Pirahnas, and his kids emptied a tube of oragel into the tank and killed (or so I thought) all of them. So being the nice guy I decided I would grab the floaters while he scooped out the ones on the bottom, and I was snacked on by one of the :x little monsters :x so now I am missing a few chunks of flesh from my hand and a few fingers. Never again will I be the nice guy without the net!

Yes I would say that you can not lose your train of thought while messing with them. Hope you are OK.

Sorry to hear that. If it makes you feel better I had a nice chunk of flesh cut out of my thumb by a piranha while putting it in a new tank. It left a pirahna jaw shaped scar to boot. All in good fun :lol:

Working is a little rough right now, but I am getting used to it. The doctor told me I will have very little pain for the next week or so until nerves in the bite areas start firing up again, so I'm not really looking forward to that. As far as the friend he is on a 'time out' and has to move the end table further from his tank and put something in it that won't maul me if I decide to help him again.

Wow sorry to hear about that. Although when I got to the last line I was pretty shocked
I am missing a few chunks of flesh from my hand and a few fingers

As I read it to mean I am missing a few chunks of flesh from my hand and (I am missing) a few fingers. I was surprised that the pirana could take off several fingers. I am glad to realize that I was mistaken.

I thought the same thing as helicopter at first. Wow, I'm really sorry that you have to go through this. I hope your recovery goes well.

Back
Top Bottom