why don't you vote everyday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

why don't you vote everyday?

• i have a life and do not log on everyday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • i forget

• to confusing

• of course i vote every day i love aa

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

alrmc4

Aquarium Advice Addict
just wondering with all the members if everyone voted everyday aa would always be close to if not number one so why?

thank you for the answers was just wondering i think there are a aweful lot of people that do not have the time or ability to visit as often as me

When I click on the link to vote everyday it isnt always blue.
Sometimes it's still red and I dont know if it is counting my vote or not but I still click on it.

I personally feel a lot more people would vote if it was a little more accessible. As a newbie, I wouldn't even know about voting, unless I happened to read the sig of one of the few people who have the link in there. I'm sure most people have the forum bookmarked instead of the Home page where the vote button is.

Perhaps if all the alumni/staff had the link in their sigs then it would generate some more daily votes.

Tell me how to create a link like that and I'll do it!

I agree it is not an obvious thing when you cruise around on the board, but we sure seem to be slippin'!

There - Menagerie helped me get the "vote" link in my sig (thanks, Menagerie, you rock!), so now it will be easier for folks. Wonderful suggestion, Atari - :D

...waste of time for me when I have alot of other things to do. Frankly, just dont see the reason.

sorry if you dont like my reasons.....well, not really, as I am being honest and felt like if the question was asked I would answer honestly and not with some fluff reason that isnt true.

I can see how it is not really a measure of anything tangible, and in the scope of things it is a pretty superficial "ranking" since we all know that we rank way higher than a snail site, LOL. The site is it's own reward to me - what is really valuable is to donate to the site, as without funds to keep us up and running our rank would not matter a bit.

I did learn about this site originally from Aquarank, but not because it was #1 at the time, I was just cruisin'. I think it is good to keep us visible in the top sector, since that is the first thing you see.

It's probably the single biggest way we bring in new members.. the closer we stay to the top of that ranking site the more likely someone is going to click to check us out.

It's not just to make us feel good about ourselves :lol:

Hara, I wasn't being facetious or anything.. I just think it's a valuable useage of 10 seconds if it allows people to find us. TG is living proof that these ranking sites work!

I voted :).

I agree with Atari if we stay at the top of aquarank then more people will click the link to this site and generate more new comers.

oscarbreeder said:
When I click on the link to vote everyday it isnt always blue.
Sometimes it's still red and I dont know if it is counting my vote or not but I still click on it.

The same thing happens to me. But I vote everytime I am online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom