Why is my new dawrf gourami changing colors?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lucy3

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a new dawrf gourami in a 10gallon he is the only fish right now,ive had him about a week,he is silvery white with orange stripes when i got him. the others at the store were similar but had darker fins and mine was the smallest,he has grown a little bit.yesterday i noticed his fins were turning darker navy blue color like the other ones in the store and now his head and body look like they are starting to also,is this normal or is somthing wrong with him?or was he maybe sick and now getting better?he acts healthy and fine except a bit shy still.Also wondering if i should leave him the only fish or should i get him some friends(but i dont want more gouramis in a 10)?so suggest for other fish friends would be helpful.

Update-now he is getting this really pretty green color also,so im guessing maybe he was sick or stressed and is just getting healthier and gaining his color back,because he is starting to turn the same color as all the pics ive seen of them now.still wondering if he would be happiest being an only fish or not.

Think he's just getting his big boy colors. Alot of fish when baby's will get they're colors later. And it helps with good water conditions, and eating well. Aside from that. Tank mates: the more u get the more u gotta clean. But, they say peaceful fish about the same size as him would be good. And make sure they can live with the same temperature u got your tank at. Mollie's, swordtails, loaches, plates. Some like those kind would be idea. Enough! ?

Back
Top Bottom