Why I've been scarce.....new pics 6/12/07....Sailing!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nice job. Did you say you were heading south for the 'shakedown' cruise?

Oddly enough, I'm not a huge fan of actually being IN the water....I can swim, and don't dislike it, but I get cold so fast that I don't enjoy it unless the water is really, really warm or I have a wetsuit on.

Yep, that is odd but not as odd as knowing someone who loves water but refuses to get near it. :shock:

The boat is looking great. I can appreciate the repair and repaint process, I've done several restorations both on our boats and on customers. Currently our boat is a 26' Mirage. When we get it in the lake this weekend I will try and remember to take pics.

I can't wait to see the pics of your boat once she is floating!

Yay! Boat went in yesterday....I thought today was going to rain all day but the rain stopped in the afternoon so I spent 2 hours on the boat putting the sails on. I still have a few things to do (especially cleaning all the leaves and pollen out of the boat) but it's sailable now. As you can see from the pics there was absolutely no wind today, which made putting the sails on much easier, but no chance for sailing...hopefully tomorrow!

cockpit with new boom, mainsail, lines etc.
P1040666.JPG

New mainsail, hadn't put the battens in yet (for those who know what they are)
P1040667.JPG

New winches in action (sort of)
P1040669.JPG

And a bad pic of hte boat from the road:
P1040676.JPG

JChillin, either you're a closet sailor or you just inadvertently made a sailing joke....I'm not sure what you really meant but the roach is the part of the sail that the battens support......:)

Nicely done, congratulations. I am sure that you will envoy those self tailing winches over the circa 1965 book ends! What did you use for the below the line paint job. That job is about the worst on the boat, absolutely so if you include the requisite prep work. One of the members in our sailing club had a very large (high) shop and we simply picked the boat up with a rope cradle on an overhead crane, yarded the trailer out from under the boat and go at it. We could do the prep on Friday evening and Saturday. Clean up and mask and then spray paint on Sunday. The masking job took longer than the paint job!
I love sailing also. One of the best adventures I have had was crewing on a 90 foot guest charter sloop for 8 weeks in Haida Guai (the Queen Charlotte Islands). Sailing every day and the most spectacular scenery, including Orca, imaginable. I actually got tired of daily fresh salmon!
Enjoy your season and if I get down that way (very unlikely) I will certainly take you up on your generous offer.

Here are some sailing pics, had a great sail on Sunday afternoon, although I haven't been out since as the weather this week hasn't been cooperative. Everything works great, especially the winches, they make my life so much easier!

P1040722.JPG

P1040733.JPG

P1040775.JPG

P1040782.JPG

P1040783.JPG

P1040784.JPG

She is beautiful! Looks like you had a great time. Makes me want to go sailing as well! Maybe in a couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom