Wife's idea of too many tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:banghead:

I am a woman, and I have multiple tanks... I will translate what all the spouses who complain are actually telling you men, because the words have nothing to do with the actual message:

"I want you to focus on me more often, because you are passionate about your hobby and it makes me feel lonely"

Yeah, that's right. Chew it boys! :popcorn:

Such harsh words! My wife says basically that but without all the passionate stuff! She says "you pay more attention to your tanks then me, go marry your tanks"

Is it possible?!

:angel: Well I am passionate about my hobby, so I relate to the OP, however as a woman I desire a man who not only shows me passion but also has passion for all aspects of his life!!

I have to be honest, if I sound bitter I admit I divorced a musician earlier this year for his lack of passion for his career! We had "it" for each other, but as my other passions grew and grew (my own business, my artwork, fishkeeping, yoga, writing....) I was so sad when he was too depressed to give himself any attention, leaving it all on my shoulders to keep us afloat!

Women have a hard time saying "XYZ" to men because we are trying express emotions, not factual stuff, but I think the passion displayed by people who are really into a challenging hobby like we are just highlights feelings of abandonment and loneliness from spouses who want to be admired!

Didn't mean to scold!! but I am pretty serious, what could cheer up a wife? Start a list.... Huge bouquet of sunflowers on a Wednesday, picking her up and whisking her to the bedroom after a nice dinner she served up, a warm embrace (like 3 minutes of making out!!) during an afternoon walk..

Give it a try!:hide:

You guys are lucky. I have 1 55 and 1 5.5(QT). I have a 20 long I want to set up but wife won't let me because she considers my tanks as "furniture" and there's no place to put it :(

Marsh - very well said! Men, take it to heart! It's true (at least in my experience) that women often have trouble getting through to men on emotional issues - it's just part of a fundamental difference in the ways most men and women communicate. It's not "facts" so it just doesn't sink in sometimes.

And darkseid, I guess I can understand her complaint of no more room. I'm facing that issue myself - too many tanks for the available wall space. Look for a nice double stand so maybe you can have both tanks in the space you already have one in! Just bring up the idea before you bring a new stand home.

My roomates think I have to many lol I have a 29,10,2.5 gallon tanks and 5 about 1 gallon more or less Betta bowl I want to upgrade scared to tell them before I do they are all in my bedroom lol so far landlord is ok with it . One roomate asked me if I was ok and if I was addicted lol
( I'm a girl too ) lol if I get married hope its to a fish lover lol

Then we would get along quite nicely. Lol.

I only have 2 lol, a 37g reef and a 20g freshwater but my mom wont let me get anymore.:( i was wanting to set up a 55g SA cichlid tank but she said i will have to throw out the 20g. So looks like this is ive got for a while.

Well I've snuck in a few more betta lol back up to 7 Betta now lol I'm hoping to get another 10 gal since my mom is upgrading her hermit crab from ten gal to a 20 gal long

Back
Top Bottom