Wife's idea of too many tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slade

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm sitting here in my office/fishroom, minding my own business and the wife walks in and says "you know, you're overdoing it - five tanks is way too many".

I didn't bother to interrupt her to say there are *two* 10 gallon tanks, so its really six tanks.

She thinks the two 55 gallon show tanks are plenty, but its not my fault these mbuna breed so much, and I have to set up fry tanks, is it?

Just thought I'd share a laugh. Now it's time to find some links to REAL fishrooms to send her.

i have 22 tanks set up in mine . and every time the wife walks by to do laundry all she dose is shake her head and say OMG.

I have a 40 gallon planted community in the living room and a 25 gallon reef in progress in my sons room. Thought about setting up a couple of 10s to breed killis, but I think I would be sleeping in the guest room with them for a while if I did... Lol.

When I was growing up ( In NJ BTW ;) ) I had 15 tanks in my bedroom alone ranging from 7 1/2 gals to 30 gals. All with fish in them. 6 tanks, any size, are just not enough tanks. lol Too bad I don't have any pics left of my last breeding hatchery. I had over 400 tanks in there ;)

Ask the Mrs. how many necklaces or pieces of jewelery she has and if that is enough. If she has more than 6, you should be just fine :D

When I was growing up ( In NJ BTW ;) ) I had 15 tanks in my bedroom alone ranging from 7 1/2 gals to 30 gals. All with fish in them. 6 tanks, any size, are just not enough tanks. lol Too bad I don't have any pics left of my last breeding hatchery. I had over 400 tanks in there ;)

Ask the Mrs. how many necklaces or pieces of jewelery she has and if that is enough. If she has more than 6, you should be just fine :D

Not all are running yet but I've got 13 total. Plus various containers with betta fry. Six is nothing!

I have 2 tanks. If I get another, my wife is gonna tell me to marry the tanks cause she will divorce me! Crazy huh?

I have 4 at the moment a 125, 75, 10, and 5 gallon and the mrs is always on my case. I also have a 40 and a 55 stashed in a friends basement lol. I may show her this thread so she leaves me alone about having so many. She did tell me as soon as we buy a house the basement or some other out of the way space is mine to put as many tanks as I want in.

Don't even go there unless you prefer sleeping on the couch.

Don't even go there unless you prefer sleeping on the couch.

LOL You counter that by agreeing to buy a really nice COMFORTABLE couch (so you don't mind sleeping on it. ;) :D)
Disclaimer: I am not now or in the past, a licensed marriage counselor. All advice is given free of charge and is the responsibility of the reader for it's ultimate outcome :D:lol:

My roomates think I have to many lol I have a 29,10,2.5 gallon tanks and 5 about 1 gallon more or less Betta bowl I want to upgrade scared to tell them before I do they are all in my bedroom lol so far landlord is ok with it . One roomate asked me if I was ok and if I was addicted lol
( I'm a girl too ) lol if I get married hope its to a fish lover lol

My roomates think I have to many lol I have a 29,10,2.5 gallon tanks and 5 about 1 gallon more or less Betta bowl I want to upgrade scared to tell them before I do they are all in my bedroom lol so far landlord is ok with it . One roomate asked me if I was ok and if I was addicted lol
( I'm a girl too )

lol!!!
I'm glad my girlfriend is as obsessed with the hobby as me. i have a 2, 5.5, 5.5, 10, 10, 20 long, and 20 high in my room and a 55 outside my room. she approved me for more tanks so i will be getting another 55 a 40 breeder another 20 long and three more tens from the dollar per gallon sale. then in a month or two I'm buying a complete 75 saltwater from my dad. wooooo MTS!!!!! oh and my neighbor is selling me a 55 gallon with stand for 50 bucks when he's not busy and can help me move it to the basement. so many water changes!!!

( I'm a girl too )

I had an "I am an addict" moment the other day when I bought yet another betta on my way home from a rough day at work. I've got 5 males, 10 or so females, and 8 babies. Luckily my boyfriend is perfectly ok with the growing number of tanks and all of my fish. He even found a tank for me recently! He likes watching the fish and he also thinks its really cute seeing me take care of them. He sees how much I enjoy them and it makes him happy to see me doing something I love doing, even if it means having fish scattered all over the house.

I have 18 tanks and am about to set up some tubs for my month old ABN pleco fry, a new batch of ABN fry, a month old batch of peacock gudgeon fry and a new batch of them as well.

Been a busy month I guess...

Lol I bet their glad I don't have much money lol I'd love to get a couple 55 gal tanks to go with my current tanks

I now have 15 tanks and hope to have every one of them running by winter. Obviously I am female (pic) so I don't think its strange. One of my best friends is obsessed too but his obsession is with marine tanks. I don't really understand people who think more than one is too many. I say go big and enjoy the hobby to the fullest extent you can afford and have room for.

:banghead:

I am a woman, and I have multiple tanks... I will translate what all the spouses who complain are actually telling you men, because the words have nothing to do with the actual message:

"I want you to focus on me more often, because you are passionate about your hobby and it makes me feel lonely"

Yeah, that's right. Chew it boys! :popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom