willy wonka at the imax

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mastershake

Aquarium Advice Activist
i saw the new charlie and the chocolate factory at the imax in the mall of ga a few days ago while i was in north Ga i thought it was great, i liked it a lot, definitly worth the trip, id say see it if you have any doubts, its really well done, johnny depp was a good wonka, im not really fond of his acting usually, but he did well, i enjoyd it

I usually like Depp's acting but when I saw the previews for Willy Wonka Depp kinda turned me off. So he's not too freaky? He gave me the heebie jeebies in the preview.

have you folks seen the original? and how would you compare the new one to the original? (please no spoilers. thanks!) :D

Oh, ok. So Johnny Depp is playing Charlie and not Willy. I was under the impression that it's the same movie just re-made and Depp is playing Willy.

I haven't seen it yet, but i think that in Pirates of the Carribean, that was a PERFECT role for Depp and i think the Wonka is another of those perfect Roles for him.

Johnny Depp is one of those actors that can fit into almost any role. He really gets into his roles and does then very well. I didn't even realize that it was him in Pirates of the Caribean or Willy Wonka until I saw the credits on tv.

Oh, ok. So Johnny Depp is playing Charlie and not Willy. I was under the impression that it's the same movie just re-made and Depp is playing Willy.

It's titled 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' and Depp plays Willy Wonka in it. Willy owns the chocolate factory, Charlie Bucket is the lucky kid. :wink:

AHHHHH, ok. I thought it was kind of like a sequel to the original. Like Depp was playing Charlie who was running the factory and giving it away to another lucky kid.

>__< Those oompa loompas scared me... *hides from midget pleather outfits* ....Johnny Depp just needs to lose the bowl hair cut X3

of all the movies that he was in i think one of the creepiest ones was edward scissor hands. i didnt even know it was him till last year!

I will probably catch it before month's end. I love Depp's work, particularly under Burton, and have seen most of his flicks....with faves incliding Edward Scissorhands, Sleepy Hollow, Don Juan DeMarco, Ed Wood, Dead Man, Benny & Joon, Cry Baby, The Man who Cried, From Hell, Pirates of the Carribean, and Finding Neverland. I am sure his work in the Corpse Bride will be admirable and I am looking forward to Shantaram's release.

I heard that the new movie much more closely follows the book than the original movie did. I read the book way back when I was a kid, but haven't seen the new movie yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom