Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-25-2005, 10:16 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to deli_conker
I still have all of my wisdom teeth. It's a little tight for flossing teeth, but I've had no reason to pull them.

Old 04-25-2005, 10:23 AM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

I had all 4 of mine out when I was about 15, and I also could hear them breaking them up to get them out, and that was definitely the worst part about it.

I'll bet they are part of the reason you have had trouble getting your teeth straight, as the wisdom teeth will cause crowding of the other teeth. When I had mine out the rest of my teeth sortof "settled" and were not so tight together.

It is still not a fun procedure, and then you have to keep the sockets clean for a while afterwards. Good luck!!

Old 04-25-2005, 12:30 PM   #13
AA Team Emeritus

Menagerie, like you, I also had 4 permanent teeth pulled, when I was in 7th grade. I then got braces, and didn't get them off until 10th grade! 8O I was actually driving with my driver's permit when I had the braces! But a few months later, they came off!!

I got my wisdom teeth out in 12th grade, I think. I had to go into the hospital because they were all impacted and painful. But it really wasn't bad. The best (or worst? LOL) memory is that the painkiller made me hear birds chirping -- in the middle of the night! 8O

I hope you are doing ok!

Old 04-25-2005, 01:01 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I had all four of mine pulled and went to my buddies wedding that afternoon!! I was so knocked out by the pill they gave me before that I was snoring in the waiting room and the doctor had to put me in my moms car afterwards!!! No bad stories for me but my little sister was swollen up like she was in a car accident with two black eyes and tons of pain. I guess that everyone has a different story but I think for the most part the build up is much worse than the actual procedure. Good luck, let us know how it goes.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:08 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via MSN to SsSarahsS
When I had my wisdom teeth out they put me right out, I had hardly any swelling after and I didn't take anything for pain. My jaw was a little sore but that was about it. Don't suck on a straw or spit after you have your wisdom teeth out, you don't want the bloot clot to come out or you'll have 'dry socket'. The clot needs to stay in there so that the bone can fill in the empty spaces.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dralarms
I must be strange, I only had 2 uppers. The lowers never develpoed. Must mean I'm only a half wit.
Some people don't develop any wisdom teeth and some people can have up to 8 of them, most times it's genetic.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:15 PM   #16
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsSarahsS
Some people don't develop any wisdom teeth and some people can have up to 8 of them, most times it's genetic.
That's right - my husband has 4 and they all fit into his mouth just fine. I am really hoping my kids have inherited that trait, so they won't have to have theirs out.
Old 04-25-2005, 03:20 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have a consult with the oral surgeon in July. I only have 3 wisdom teeth. One of the uppers never developed. But, they like you to be awake when they pull the teeth, and if you want to be put under, its an Extra 400 bucks. My wisdom teeth are sitting right on the nerves that run through my jaw, so I could get some nerve damage if they pull the teeth, but my dentist wants them out because one of the lowers that is coming in has made a pocket behind my molar. Its a big stupid mess.
But I am sure you will do fine Menagerie. I hope you have a speedy recovery.
Old 04-25-2005, 04:01 PM   #18

Mine had to be cut out as they hadn't broke through the surface yet, so i was put to sleep. My Xray showed they were growing in SIDEWAYS! Anyway, i went home and that day i called one of my friends to get any info i had missed from class (college student) and talked to her for about an hour. Also, i ate a sandwich as soon as i got home becuase i was hungry! lol

Old 04-25-2005, 04:46 PM   #19
God of primitive fishes

Send a message via MSN to Toirtis Send a message via Yahoo to Toirtis
Quote:
Originally Posted by TankGirl
I had all 4 of mine out when I was about 15, and I also could hear them breaking them up to get them out, and that was definitely the worst part about it.
Precisely my experience, although I was one year older.
www.calgaryaquariumsociety.com
Old 04-25-2005, 06:21 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus

Glad to report things went fine, but I am tired. They gave me some powder to put under my tongue and allow it to dissolve. An hour later they checked on me. I had to use the bathroom, so I bumped into things while getting there. After that, I don't remember much else. Next thing I knew Trevor was besides me to take me home. Once at home he took out the gauge and told me to rinse, which went all over me. Then I went to bed. Trevor made me take a pain pill, but the first one would not go back. The second time, he had a tupperware to get what didn't go down my throat. I am very tired and thing it is time for bed again.

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com