Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-25-2005, 12:55 AM   #1
Moderator Emeritus
Wisdom Teeth

Everyone has story, even if theirs did not need to come out. (“I didn’t need my removed, but my wife….”)

That is all I have heard this past week—wisdom teeth stories. Trevor had all 4 removed last Wednesday and it’s my turn tomorrow. I am enjoying a glass of juice before I fast, since I want to be as knocked out as possible without going to an oral surgeon. Trevor’s were relatively easy, but the dentist said the roots of my wisdom teeth were mangled. No doubt, my teeth have never been good. Even after three years of braces and two years with various retainers, my teeth are still not straight. They are still crowded in the front and I had four adult teeth removed before the braces went on
Oh well, I’m off to bed. 7:30 will come all too quickly!

So, for everyone with wisdom teeth or just dental stories, bring them on! (I won’t read them until I am done and on painkillers )

Old 04-25-2005, 01:20 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to lyquidphyre
My wisdom teeth were mangled, but they just numbed my gums... I was A-Ok after everything was said and done since I didn't go under.

My mom stocked my mini fridge with sunny-d, chocolate pudding, whipped cream in a can and mashed potatos... im sure that didn't help my freshman 15!

Old 04-25-2005, 01:41 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Mine were supposed to be really bad, but I came out fine. Right after I went shopping at best buy, where my only trouble was trying to talk to a friend I saw with gauze in my mouth. I stopped the vicodin the next day, it didn't really do much and I had no pay anyway, and had some beef jerky just to prove a point(i mostly just sucked on it). I think the funniest part was when I tried to leave the oral surgeon's office. They made me go out the back door so I would't scare any of the patients in the waiting room. Good times.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:57 AM   #4
God of primitive fishes
Send a message via MSN to Toirtis Send a message via Yahoo to Toirtis
Heh...good luck, have fun, and I guess I get to see you shortly after you get home....I'll try to not giggle.
G. A. Christian Bilou, Herpetologist
Founder/Director, Reptile Rescue Alberta
Past-President, Calgary Aquarium Society
Old 04-25-2005, 03:09 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
Send a message via AIM to RoK Send a message via MSN to RoK
Mine are starting to show up but haven't caused any problems yet.
Current fish (includes all 3 running tanks): Polypterids, severums (of which I raised from eggs), gouramis, plecos (gold spot ones & a gurupa), loaches (zebras, yoyos, & a kubotai), macculocchi spotted silver dollars, an African butterfly fish, & Ctenopomas (a leopard & an ansorgii)
Old 04-25-2005, 07:19 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic
i don't know if i've got them or when i'll be getting them but...

i get a new set of molar teeth up the back every year. two in the top row, two in the bottom, four new teeth every year.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:48 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict
I must be strange, I only had 2 uppers. The lowers never develpoed. Must mean I'm only a half wit.

Vote for AquariumAdvice
Old 04-25-2005, 08:51 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via AIM to Felf
i had 4 teeth removed before wearing braces for 4 years then got 4 wisdom teeth removed about 6 months ago. they had to give me an extra round of shots so the good doctor could get me out of his office on time and they forgot to tell me to put the syringe directly into the wounds to flush out the excess food so it got a bit smelly :| i gradually started getting more and more pain in my jaw for about 2 years until i got my wisdom teeth removed.
Old 04-25-2005, 09:04 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic
I had all 4 of mine pulled, I was fine with it... I had pain killers, but was awake. the only thing that was a little rough was you can "hear" them cracking... ick... almost sounds like pop rocks...
although I was so thirsty afterwards and they said to stay away from liquids for a few hours...
I tried a little water... Im not sure if I got any in my mouth... but I know I wore alot of it... (basketball mouth)
THere is alot of hype around it... I heard bad things, but never from people that could withstand much more then a papercut... so... GOOD LUCK!!!!
Old 04-25-2005, 09:04 AM   #10
AA Team Emeritus
Molars eh? My molars were never fully developed. There are about 1/3 the size of regular ones. The only problem that I have with them over the years is the lower right one. For reasons unknown to me or my dentist...it occassionally develops an abcess. The only thing my dentist suggested was that because of the low surface area, my gums in that area occassionally grow outward and then inward (sort of like an ingrown toenail). If you've never had an abcess...it's not very painful...just irritating.

Hope this doesn't cause you too much discomfort Menagerie.

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com