Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-23-2009, 09:40 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
Send a message via MSN to Zagz
I admire you for doing what is best for the fish. I too get attached. Can we see a picture of him?

AA Community Rules | AA TOS

Site Administrator
Zagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:54 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak
Send a message via Yahoo to intimatecple
Very well done and I applaud you!!!

www.ncpars.org ...live in PA area...come join us!!
Humane cycle ...fish-free cycle
intimatecple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:08 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey, Carol....feel sad for you...they are my fav too. I have an enclosed front porch that would probably hold a huge tank, but I don't think I could keep it warm/cool enough in extreme weather to keep one...my tang just went into his new 75 a couple of weeks ago...he is such a coward !!! His buddy is MIA...a neon cleaner Goby...and his other buddy, a Sebae Clown, is still in the 35. I just put a Blue-spotted Watchman Goby in his tank, so now he has something to "watch"...they have such personalities...I know how hard that was for you. We love to watch our sighthounds gallop....it was watching them that made me find a way to get him a bigger tank. I wish I had know before how big they can get. LFS have no conscience..

I think you should buy yourself something "really special" that you "really, really, want" for your tank to make up for the suffering and pain.Don't you??

I wish I could walk my fish ....
Copepod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 06:26 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic
The gentlemen came by last night and picked up the hippo tang. Naturally the brat didn't want to come out so I ended up dis-mantling half of my tank. I told him that the fish was 7 inches long.....I don't think he believed me because when he saw the fish, his eyes bugged out and promptly blurted out "OMG that thing is HUGH!" hehehe...

We put him in a 5 gallon bucket to transport and let me tell you that there wasn't much room for him to turn around. He promised to send a picture when he gets settled in.

I realized that the fish would be much happier and healthier in a larger tank (it was still hard). He was the first fish I got and he's been so healthy over the last 3+ years. I don't think I'll be replacing him with another fish. I'd like to keep my bio-load on the lighter side if possible. I still have the 2 clownfish and my yellow tang.....and my evil, hateful 6 line wrasse.

Again, thanks folks.
If you can't run with the big dogs - stay on the porch! ***Adopt a retired greyhound ***
MsBeanCtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:25 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict
The fish is going to be much happier in a roomier tank.
The guy who adopted him is thrilled that he got such a beautiful healthy fish for free.
You just racked up some serious good karma points!

QTOFFER is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com