Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-15-2005, 09:24 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

WooooooHooooo! HP and the Half Blood Prince!

Harry Potter comes out tomorrow!!! I have a copy preordered and the Borders bookstore here is releasing the books at midnight! I'll definitely be going over there tonight, and probably reading till like 4:00 AM. 8)

Old 07-15-2005, 10:16 AM   #2

I just re-read #5 in preparation for HBP!

I want HBP really bad, but don't know if I will actually go to the bookstore at midnight. A 42yo. guy without a kid in line for Harry Potter? I know tons of adults love the books, but I just feel kinda pathetic getting it at midnite!

I'll report in later, let you know if I get it at midnite or first thing Saturday morning.

Please, NO SPOILERS in this thread!

Old 07-15-2005, 10:27 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

I thought about getting it at midnight, but I think I'll just wait till Saturday morning. My reading ability at night is not very good.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:40 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

corvuscorax, you can always say you are buying it for your kid as a suprise and you didn't think it was appropriate to keep your son/daugther up this late and subject them to the craziness of it all.

29 Gallon Lake Malawi Fry
55 Gallon Community
150 Gallon Lake Malawi Cichlid
Old 07-15-2005, 10:51 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm leaving in an hour to go to Spain and I'll be in London around 5:30-7:30 AM. No chance of getting the book in America, but I'm *hopeing* some store in Heathrow Airport will be open and I can buy the unedited Brittish version
Old 07-15-2005, 11:09 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishyfanatic
corvuscorax, you can always say you are buying it for your kid as a suprise and you didn't think it was appropriate to keep your son/daugther up this late and subject them to the craziness of it all.
Fibbing about it would be even more pathetic!

Ruby, I think "Pottermania" is even bigger in the U.K., I bet the book is all over the place in Heathrow!

Old 07-15-2005, 11:17 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

the local book store in my area is also having a midnight release party but only to the people who preordered it. i being one of them was very happy to hear this but i had already made plans to go to my cottage for the weekend and i now i have to wait till sunday!!! i am sooo mad at myself for doing this because i cant even buy it where i am going because i already had it preordered. i have read the books over and over again i hope this one takes me more than 2 days to read though i whipped through the 5th one like it was 10 pages long. if there are any big potterfans in this thread they should check out www.mugglenet.com. it is a really good site for current news on anything potter. they even had a countdown meter that was like 200 days before the book came out. lol i watch it everyday to see when my copy would be coming out
Old 07-15-2005, 11:28 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

corvuscorax, I hope!!! Well, off to catch a plane and hopefully a HP book
Old 07-15-2005, 12:12 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

i am the unlitmate fan.. i love harry potter. right now i have my harry potter shirt on and i go to work at 4 at... Border's books to work Harry potter night. I will be getting my book tonight as well as doing activities with the midnight party people. we start our party at 9 as does most borders. I have been watching our store's countdown since 112 days til the release when we got it. wow.. i can't believe it's almost here. What a great book!! wooooo

Old 07-16-2005, 03:53 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Don't worry about being old and liking Harry Potter. I got book 5 at midnight at Wal Mart. No Pre Order, and it was almost exclusively older people unlike at most of the book stores. I won't be doing that for book 6, I've got too much to do right now. But it's an idea for another time and don't worry about being old and liking HP, there are plenty of people who are addicts and aren't children.

Tags
blood

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com