WooooooHooooo! HP and the Half Blood Prince!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

severum mama

Aquarium Advice Addict
Harry Potter comes out tomorrow!!! :D I have a copy preordered and the Borders bookstore here is releasing the books at midnight! I'll definitely be going over there tonight, and probably reading till like 4:00 AM. :lol: 8)

I just re-read #5 in preparation for HBP!

I want HBP really bad, but don't know if I will actually go to the bookstore at midnight. A 42yo. guy without a kid in line for Harry Potter? I know tons of adults love the books, but I just feel kinda pathetic getting it at midnite! :oops:

I'll report in later, let you know if I get it at midnite or first thing Saturday morning.

Please, NO SPOILERS in this thread!

I thought about getting it at midnight, but I think I'll just wait till Saturday morning. My reading ability at night is not very good.

corvuscorax, you can always say you are buying it for your kid as a suprise and you didn't think it was appropriate to keep your son/daugther up this late and subject them to the craziness of it all. :D

I'm leaving in an hour to go to Spain and I'll be in London around 5:30-7:30 AM. No chance of getting the book in America, but I'm *hopeing* some store in Heathrow Airport will be open and I can buy the unedited Brittish version :mrgreen:

Fishyfanatic said:
corvuscorax, you can always say you are buying it for your kid as a suprise and you didn't think it was appropriate to keep your son/daugther up this late and subject them to the craziness of it all. :D

Fibbing about it would be even more pathetic! :mrgreen:

Ruby, I think "Pottermania" is even bigger in the U.K., I bet the book is all over the place in Heathrow!

the local book store in my area is also having a midnight release party but only to the people who preordered it. i being one of them was very happy to hear this but i had already made plans to go to my cottage for the weekend and i now i have to wait till sunday!!! i am sooo mad at myself for doing this because i cant even buy it where i am going because i already had it preordered. i have read the books over and over again i hope this one takes me more than 2 days to read though i whipped through the 5th one like it was 10 pages long. if there are any big potterfans in this thread they should check out www.mugglenet.com. it is a really good site for current news on anything potter. they even had a countdown meter that was like 200 days before the book came out. lol i watch it everyday to see when my copy would be coming out :D

i am the unlitmate fan.. i love harry potter. right now i have my harry potter shirt on and i go to work at 4 at... Border's books to work Harry potter night. I will be getting my book tonight as well as doing activities with the midnight party people. we start our party at 9 as does most borders. I have been watching our store's countdown since 112 days til the release when we got it. wow.. i can't believe it's almost here. What a great book!! wooooo

Don't worry about being old and liking Harry Potter. I got book 5 at midnight at Wal Mart. No Pre Order, and it was almost exclusively older people unlike at most of the book stores. I won't be doing that for book 6, I've got too much to do right now. But it's an idea for another time and don't worry about being old and liking HP, there are plenty of people who are addicts and aren't children.

I went at midnight, pretty much knew I would!

Actually went at about 11:30, I was #376 in line! 8O

They started selling books at 12, and I got mine at 1am. This was a Barnes & Noble, they had their act together. Called people up in groups of 25, and did basically 400 transactions between 12 and 1, which is pretty efficient.

Later folks, back to the book!

I am reading the books to my daughter, 7....and I am enjoying them as well....I have yet to buy the sixth book (we will not need it for a few weeks as we are just starting the Goblet of Fire), but since it seems to be selling cheap ($19 CDN) right now, I will probably pick it up sometime this coming week.

Picked mine up, couldn't resist even though I probably should have. Took the day off from my hectic schedule and read it. I liked the book, that's all I'll say.

I wont say anything but I am not really a fan of the books any more but I have to say it sounds great, from the information I have heard. :)

oscarbreeder said:
They need to make all the books into movies.

I HATE TO READ!!! :twisted:

They are....Goblet of Fire comes out in November, Order of the Phoenix is due out in November 2007, Half Blood Prince in November 2008, and the last movie is planned for a November 2009 release.....and a good thing, too, as the actors protraying the primary characters will be getting a tad mature by 2009.

Which book was it that someone was supposed to die in? I remember all that hype a couple years ago but I don't remember which book.

The book that was just released has that in it Fishyfanatic. Of course to find out whom you must read the book. :)

Fishyfanatic wrote
Which book was it that someone was supposed to die in? I remember all that hype a couple years ago but I don't remember which book.

HP and the Order of the Phoenix has a death at the end of the book which is what everyone was talking about, but the newest book has a lot of tragedy in it. It is very dark and really intense. But then again, i realise, that it has been getting darker as "you-know-who" got stronger and i think J.K. Rowling really did an awesome job on the most recent book. I finished the book yesterday after buying it from Walmart at 2 am and you can see in this thread:
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=57076&highlight=
my initial response was shock .. LOL, but as i said, i am well past denial and on my way to acceptance. It was really good, i enourage people of all ages to read the series. I have never been so involved in a book series before (even Star Wars!) And i look forward to the movies, although they are nothing compared to the books. (i was a little dissapointed that "THE PRISONER OF AZKABAN" Left soo much out)

Well, at least I know that Harry, Hermionie and Ron live after Order of the Phoenix, so I know they didn't die in that book. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom