Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-12-2006, 04:48 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

World cup poll

I am curious.... as North Americans we don't typically seem as interested in professional soccer, even though its supposed to be one of the most widely played games in NA youth.

Anyone watching? If so, what team? (I guess for most of you that's pretty obvious so then who's your second pick?)

Old 06-12-2006, 05:17 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

ole' ole' ole' ole'!!!! YES i watch as much as i can! i get the scores and highlights sent to my cell as well. of course, i am cheering on the u.s.! i think we have a great team, i don't know if it's championship material yet, but i'm impressed we made it this far! realistically, i have high hopes for germany to win it all. brazil and argentina will be tough, but i think the germans can do it, especially with the home field advantage.
as far as the lack of interest in the states, it's a major bummer. my local news hasn't covered ANY world cup topics yet, let alone scores. and since i don't get cable i have to turn to the net. i think it's kind of lame that we have this "ignore it" attitude to something we're not the greatest at. and that we call it soccer?!?!? what the heck? oh well, i'm happy it's here and can't wait to watch the u.s. clean up the czech rep. tonight... i hope...

30 Gallon FW. 1 Albino Bushynose Plecostomus, 2 Harlequin Raspboras, and 1 Male German Blue Ram
Old 06-12-2006, 05:34 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

well that didn't go good at all 0-3 czech! oh well, i guess i'll keep my fingers crossed until we play italy on saturday! although i don't know about that, the italians are really strong this cup. hmmm...

30 Gallon FW. 1 Albino Bushynose Plecostomus, 2 Harlequin Raspboras, and 1 Male German Blue Ram
Old 06-12-2006, 08:55 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
professional soccer,
cough*real football*cough

great game aussie/japan last night. COME ON SOCCEROOS
Labidochromis caeruleus
Cynotilapia afra 'Cobue'
Pseudotropheus acei 'Msuli Point'
Aulunocara stuartgranti 'chipoka'
Labidochromis freibergi
Oreochromis mossambicus
Etroplus suratensis
Old 06-12-2006, 08:57 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

FORZA ITALIA!!!FORZA AZZURRI!!!

go italy go

world cup is the best, its unfortunate that USA is so ignorant of their team, its such an honour to be in the tourny, if Canada ever got in it would bring the whole counrty together, but since in Italian i go for italy, we will get out of the group, but hopefully we can miss playing Brazil too early. Toni, Gilardino, Totti, Pirlo, Cannovaro, Nesta. best players int he world are in italy
Old 06-12-2006, 09:03 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Rach101
I am going for Brazil and Czech. I love soccer, and I love the soccer players ;o Haha. USA just isn't a big soccer country.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:25 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Its funny eh (hmm... wonder where I'm from) that we (Can and Us) aren't into it more considering how many of us, or our children play it. You even had the whole 'soccermom' political demographic. Hopefully interest will increase... its such a great sport to watch.

I am really lucky- I live in a huge Soccer neighbourhood. It is full of Italian and European soccer cafes so the whole place goes off during world cup. I can watch at home but its really fun to go down to the packed cafes full of ex-pats from all over cheering for their teams.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:32 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm supporting for The Netherlands and Brasil!
Very hard for me to study now.......with all this REAL football going on
Old 06-13-2006, 12:05 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yes I am supposed to be studying for intensive exams that I have to write at the end of the summer so I emailed my supervisor during half time of a game to see if there was special consideration given to students who had to prepare during world cup.... he is from the UK so he emailed me back and said "of course, the second half is about to start so get back to it".

Sadly this won't really be the case. Sigh.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:23 AM   #10
AA Team Emeritus

Brazil is the team to beat, but I'm rooting for Italy.

Tags
cup

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com