Worry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dfranks

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Siamese fight fish female think it breeding with male

image-197524107.jpg

I'm sorry, but what exactly do you mean?

If they are in the same tank, I'd suggest separating them. Bettas are very aggressive and can easily attack and kill each other. They may seem all right now, but could snap at any moment.

I do not know very much about breeding bettas, so I'm afraid someone else will have to help you there.

okapizebra said:
I'm sorry, but what exactly do you mean?

If they are in the same tank, I'd suggest separating them. Bettas are very aggressive and can easily attack and kill each other. They may seem all right now, but could snap at any moment.

I do not know very much about breeding bettas, so I'm afraid someone else will have to help you there.

It us true that they can be aggressive with others but it is usually with other male bettas and fish with longflowing fins they can get somewhat aggressive when breeding but is usually nothin serious

I respectfully disagree. It is rare that you can keep males and females together on a constant basis and not have high levels of aggression in the tank. Even when breeding them, you have to be diligent and remove the female from the tank as soon as they are done spawning.

LyndaB said:
I respectfully disagree. It is rare that you can keep males and females together on a constant basis and not have high levels of aggression in the tank. Even when breeding them, you have to be diligent and remove the female from the tank as soon as they are done spawning.

Srry I when I had bettas I never kept the together unless they were breeding I never kept them together the whole time forgot to mention that part

Back
Top Bottom