Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-10-2011, 11:19 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Worst fishroom mishap to date!

Went out to the fishroom yesterday to do a little feeding, and decided to get one of our new foods out of the refrigerator to try it. For whatever reason I didn't notice anything amiss so I continued on with feeding. Then HN1 came out there and went to get another one of our new foods out of there and said "why isn't the fridge working?" Then he opened the freezer door... It had been at least a month since either one of us had gotten into the freezer so we have no idea how long ago the fridge quit working, but there were several flat packs of bloodworms in there, plus a pack of frozen cubes. OMG... a HazMat suit would have been appropriate for that cleanup. It was seriously the most disgusting thing I've ever cleaned up and if not the worst thing I have ever smelled, then EASILY in the top 5. I used all purpose bleach cleaner and it still reeks even though it looks clean. Now we have to figure out how we are going to get it the heck outta here, and we are back to storing all frozen foods in the house fridge until we figure something out!

severum mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:34 AM   #2
Great white snark

Tank of the Month Award

I can only imagine the yuckyness!

I've had a can o' crickets go rank because I forgot to put it in the fridge. That was bad enough.

AA ToS
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/misc.php?do=sknetwork&page=tos
DragonFish71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:52 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by severum mama
Went out to the fishroom yesterday to do a little feeding, and decided to get one of our new foods out of the refrigerator to try it. For whatever reason I didn't notice anything amiss so I continued on with feeding. Then HN1 came out there and went to get another one of our new foods out of there and said "why isn't the fridge working?" Then he opened the freezer door... It had been at least a month since either one of us had gotten into the freezer so we have no idea how long ago the fridge quit working, but there were several flat packs of bloodworms in there, plus a pack of frozen cubes. OMG... a HazMat suit would have been appropriate for that cleanup. It was seriously the most disgusting thing I've ever cleaned up and if not the worst thing I have ever smelled, then EASILY in the top 5. I used all purpose bleach cleaner and it still reeks even though it looks clean. Now we have to figure out how we are going to get it the heck outta here, and we are back to storing all frozen foods in the house fridge until we figure something out!
Eeewwww! Lol. Sorry, I know that must have been horrific.

So far my worst thing has been getting lots of water on the floor when an airline started siphoning.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:28 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

Can only imagine how nasty that was, think my one of my worse was refilling one of that tanks and the hose came out while I was distracted with something else and you needed a pontoon boat to get thru the diningroom
Old 12-10-2011, 04:46 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yuck!!!

I can only imagine the nastiness. Egh justthinking about it is gross!
Old 12-10-2011, 04:56 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Man my gag reflex kicked in just reading what happened.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:12 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

In an old house I lived in the landlord kept a large chest freezer in our machine shed. We didn't use the shed for much. The freezer had well over 200 pounds of deer meat in it. Needless to say the breaker tripped one summer day and nobody noticed for at least a month. That is the worst thing I have ever seen or smelled in my life.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:29 PM   #8
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Sounds like a recipe for some good catfish bait

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:43 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice FINatic

You could try cleaning the fridge with vinegar and leaving the door open, if you can stand the smell!! Baking soda is another odor remover, open a box or two, if not more, and put it in the fridge. Might be better to spread the baking soda out in a cookie sheet or two, I also heard charcoal ( petstore ) spread out on a cookie sheet works to.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:45 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to ejaramillo01
Shrimp and bloodworms smell bad even frozen! I can not imagine how bad could be....baking soda packages absorb odors....

ejaramillo01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com