Worst Job you ever had?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dralarms said:
I always tried to determine when the most inopportune time to leave him would be, what could be stolen or sabotaged, and how many ways I could possibly aid in the destruction of his business

That's the problem with today's workplace.

I don't see it that way. In the past 20 years, executive-level compensation has grown from 20 to 100 times the rate of the rank-and-file worker, while those same average workers have lost pensions and in many cases healthcare coverage. The average family must now send both parents into the workforce if they expect the same standard of living as their parents had. Meanwhile, the number and magnitude of executive perks those at the top are afforded continues to grow exponentially.

The days of "loyalty" in the workplace are overwith - and that's a two-way street.

That's my rant.

A little off topic but:

Fast forwarding from my formative years working at McDonalds', my former law enforcement career and my current profession...managing a department for a financial firm.

A number of policies and labor laws have been enacted and/or dissolved over the years. The best one that is in place now is "Right to Work". On the surface, that looks like it favors an employee but it doesn't.

The actual meaning is: Just as you have the right to work here, the company has the right to hire you. You also have the right to end your "relationship" with the company at any time, just as the company has the right to end our relationship at any time".

And, let's not even the discuss the true meaning of "Non-Exempt". :D

malkore, I have also worked for Wal-Mart. It's a terrible company. They really do abuse and take advantage of their employees. But i work at the garden center (thank god) i would never be bothered by the store manager because he had alergies and wouldnt go into the garden center. lol

I'm glad everyone is enjoying this thread. I started it becuase I was despereate for a job at one point and said "i'll do any job for a pay check" That is ultimately not true in my case lol. But From all these bad jobs I've had it turned into motivation to finish school. I have on more year to get my Bachelors in science nursing and Just this Friday i signed up to take a Real estate Class to prepare me for my state test to become a realtor on the side.
Any experience wether good or bad, you have to take that and remember it so you wont end up in that same position.
(Thats why they teach history in school)
But thats just the way i think.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom