Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-26-2014, 03:18 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Worst stock of fish you have had?

What is the worst stock of fish you have ever had? Mine is an Auratus cichlid, electric yellow cichlid, kenyi cichlid, jewel cichlid, red zebra cichlid, and 2 silver dollars. XD I actually still have them and they are doing fine and I've had them for awhile too! XD I just got lucky! But people always gave me problems about it even though they don't fight, but I know they're just trying to help

Old 03-27-2014, 09:58 AM   #2
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Sucking catfish - they never bothered the fish much but used to vanish inside the underground filter. I used to buy more as I'd think they had died only to find a whole tribe there when I eventually pulled up the filter which from memory was once a year.

Old 03-27-2014, 11:04 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Ok a year ago when I first started my stocking list was a terrible random mishmash of fish. 3 gold fish 1 chinnese algae eaters 2 redd eye tetra 1 zebra danio 1 emerald cory 3 rosy red minnows. Terrible, I know. My gold fish were all rehomed to a pond and the minnows lived in my 55 gallon for a while. I still have the red eyes and my zebra danio died during the transfer to the 55 gallon. The emerald cory was recently alive until a month ago he suddenly died... now I have a properly stocked tank since them and I'm very glad with how much I've grown in my year and a half of fish keeping.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:42 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delapool View Post
Sucking catfish - they never bothered the fish much but used to vanish inside the underground filter. I used to buy more as I'd think they had died only to find a whole tribe there when I eventually pulled up the filter which from memory was once a year.

Hahaha that happened to me but with clown loaches but they got stuck and died and I only had them for 3 days! Lol
Old 03-27-2014, 02:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallascowboys16 View Post
Ok a year ago when I first started my stocking list was a terrible random mishmash of fish. 3 gold fish 1 chinnese algae eaters 2 redd eye tetra 1 zebra danio 1 emerald cory 3 rosy red minnows. Terrible, I know. My gold fish were all rehomed to a pond and the minnows lived in my 55 gallon for a while. I still have the red eyes and my zebra danio died during the transfer to the 55 gallon. The emerald cory was recently alive until a month ago he suddenly died... now I have a properly stocked tank since them and I'm very glad with how much I've grown in my year and a half of fish keeping.

Haha, that is why everyone makes mistakes in this hobby ( and other ones) because it makes us experts lol!.....sooner or later XD
Old 03-28-2014, 04:18 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

3 green sunfish...beautiful fish, but messy and destructive...had to leave tank barren...
Old 03-29-2014, 12:44 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldeub View Post
3 green sunfish...beautiful fish, but messy and destructive...had to leave tank barren...

Haha that must of sucked XD
Old 03-29-2014, 12:56 AM   #8

Not me personally, but my brother had a bunch of those "glofish" anyone iv known that's owned them for their kids etc they all say that the things die for essentially no reason
Old 03-29-2014, 01:01 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy2320 View Post
Not me personally, but my brother had a bunch of those "glofish" anyone iv known that's owned them for their kids etc they all say that the things die for essentially no reason

Oh and I think they die because they get injected with chemicals to "glow" and be green,yellow,etc. It's actually really sad just like how sometimes they cut parrot cichlids tails to be a "heart" shape, it really bothers me >
Old 03-29-2014, 01:07 AM   #10

Yeah I'm sure that's it too. It would be helpful if the experiment they were made for actually worked, but now it's just fish genocide lol

Tags
fish, stock

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com