Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-04-2011, 01:46 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Activist

I've had a mouthful of my saltwater tank before from not being quick with the syphon :P

Then while I was doing a pwc for my aunt's tank, my smart idea was to raise the bucket (her tank was on a pretty tall stand) and syphon from bucket to tank. I just ended up with a wet shirt and a stomach full of dechlorinated water. Oh and I was burping all day haha

Old 04-04-2011, 04:09 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Activist

Why would anyone want to drink diluted urine, no thanks. use a longer hose when syphoning and you won't drink the stuff ugh!!.

Pete

Old 04-04-2011, 04:18 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I don't know about drinking tank water. I did find a discarded piece of air tubing from when I changed air pumps in my kids' room...chewed.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:46 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I'm sure the occasional exposure (such as accidental when you're siphoning, etc) is OK. But then Alcohol is ok in small doses, too, but in large doses it is a poison. There could easily be a bacteria in there that when you're exposed to enough of it it will totally mess you up.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:58 PM   #25
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

I doubt it. I guess it is possible, as some streams aren't safe to drink from... but I'm pretty sure that's due to pollution.

For all of you that said you would never drink your tank water... What happens if something huge goes down.. no electric, no running water, no anything. Would you not drink the water from your tank to stay alive? I sure would!

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:59 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I'd much rather go to the reservoir down the street.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:37 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516 View Post
For all of you that said you would never drink your tank water... What happens if something huge goes down.. no electric, no running water, no anything. Would you not drink the water from your tank to stay alive? I sure would!
If that were the scenario, and there were really no other options I suppose I would because we'd all die soon anyway.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:48 PM   #28
Great white snark

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfdrookie516 View Post

This is why I keep a good supply of bottled water, sodas, juices etc on hand at all times.

I know what my fish do in their water, I'm not drinking that. Back to my comment about drinking from the toilet. *Shudders*

AA ToS
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/misc.php?do=sknetwork&page=tos
DragonFish71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:52 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Activist

Ugh, I accidently drank a good amount of tank water when I was upgrading to my 75g FOWLR from my 40g FOWLR. I used those grey tubes that flex to siphon the water out of the 40 into buckets to dump. Well I couldn't see through it but I sucked really hard thinking this was required since it was a wider tube. It only took just a tab bit to start the fast siphon...I had no time to react. It felt like a 1/4 gallon instantly jammed into my mouth and I started choking really bad. My girlfriend ran out in the living room and I was coughing for a good 10 minutes. I told her..."This is probably the dumbest thing I've done since starting this hobby...wow. I'll probably never tell anyone about this." I had no idea it was that powerful. Oh well I've read worse so it's all good lol. Felt like I wiped out after riding a bogie board and hitting a huge wave with my mouth open…
Old 04-04-2011, 09:24 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via Skype™ to CaptainMako
Nope.
Because it would be my luck that I accidentally swallow one of my mollies.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com