Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-16-2005, 11:05 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

XBox 360

Ok, I gotta ask, is anyone getting one?

Old 11-16-2005, 11:12 PM   #2

I was thinking about getting one but the add they had for the thing in Target made it look like the playstation. In that you needed memory cards for the thing to store your games. I dont think I will get one if you have to go threw all of that. If the 360 comes with a 20 gig drive like the old one then yes I will take advantage of the new game platform even though it looks like junk and are forced to buy different covers for the thing if you want to change its apperance.

Old 11-16-2005, 11:37 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I will get one... but I guess I will have to wait... I'm not gonna wait in front of BestBuy at 3am in the morning
The 360 comes in 2 packages, one priced $299 ,the other $399. The cheaper set comes with (1) wired controller and a composite AV cable (3 plugs - white/red and yellow).
The Set 2 comes with (1) wireless controller, Harddrive (don't know the size) , Ethernet cable, Headset and a Component HD AV cable (it has 6 plugs... )
While you can buy the Harddrive extra (don't know if available from the start or later) the expensive set offers more bang for the buck... HTH
Old 11-16-2005, 11:42 PM   #4

oh, forgot... while you can use XBOX live without harddrive (still need the Memory unit) you will need the Harddrive if you want to play the older xbox games (and I think you will need to connect it to the internet at one point as well in order to get the patches for your old games... but that doesn't mean you have to sign up for Xbox Live)
Old 11-16-2005, 11:47 PM   #5

Well thanks for that info Volker. That was going to be another question of mine was wether or not you could use your old games but it seems like you can from what you said. Do you know if you can use your old controllers too or do you have to buy the fancy new ones. See I got my original controller broke in just the way I like it and dont want to have to break another one in unless I absolutly have too.

Old 11-17-2005, 12:07 AM   #6

For what I heard (forgot to check it in person ) you will have to buy a new one ... the plug seems to be different. Guess the best bet is to wait a couple weeks till the market for 3rd party parts has started

They just released a list this week with "generation 1" games that will be playable (because the patches will be available from Day 1) but I never saw it , saw only the news on Slashdot and Engadget. It seems that not every game will receive a patch ... that needs to be considered if you want to cash in your old xbox for a new one...
Old 11-17-2005, 02:07 AM   #7
Aquarium Advice FINatic

The Hard drive is 20 GB and yes you will have to have one to play the old games. You don't have to have an internet connection either you can actually ask them to send you a cd with it to download to your Hard drive.

The old controllers won't work in the 360.

Also until January a remote is included in the $399 set.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:32 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Oh Yeah, and if you are buying one, what is the game that you are buying with it? I'm definitely thinking that Madden 06 is the must have game on the new system. Have you seen the screenshots for it? They did a whole new graphics engine for the 360 version and it is absolutely breathtaking. Just amazing.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:21 AM   #9
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
Take a look at http://www.xgpgaming.com/ for all your xbox, xbox360 and other gaming console needs.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:26 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to deli_conker
Does it still have those clucky controllers that they coverted to xbox because they couldn't sell any for the PC?

Sorry, Playstation all the way...

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com