You are going to hate me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
on this same vein....walmart has two LED lighting systems and I know that you are a saltwater guru. I was wondering if you think the lighting would be suffiecient for a 10g nano set up and if either could support coral of any sort, or if they would be more suited for a planted tank???

Walmart.com: Aquatop LEDC-21 Clip-On 21 LED Aquarium Light, 1ct: Fish

Walmart.com: Aquatop 36RGB Clip-On 36 LED Aquarium Light With GB, 1ct: Fish

Kai, I'm afraid that neither of those would be sufficient for coral IMO. I don't know a ton about LED but I have a light similar to those over a 10 gallon half moon tank and it really isn't all that powerful... highly doubt any corals would survive under it. It surprisingly grows low light plants pretty well though. LOL

carey said:
I checked online but no deals. I may head out to a store or two today and see what they got. Theres always some supplies I need that don't have to be high end. :)

If u know of any walmarts that are remodeling. Like I thought they wouldn't have any more sales since they were restocked and fish were in but how I was surprised!!! Lol outrageous sales!

tarpon said:
Watch out for those large blue flat bubble stones you got....I lost the end cap on mine and now I can't use it:(

They were 10cents! Lol I couldn't resist!!

One 55 gallon has 8 assorted African cichlids and a baby common pleco

Second 55 gallon has one fancy panda goldfish with two fancy tails in QT Maybe two more weeks ( all babies )

One ten gallon QT
Other ten cycled and waiting for stock

Lastly I converters my gumball machine into a 3-1/2 4 gallon. Cycle and then betta coming soon :D

alLexX said:
your sooo lucky,i want that stuff

Lol I felt very blessed bc i needed a few things an now I got what I NEEDED plus for maybe around the price of filters lol

Kai, I'm afraid that neither of those would be sufficient for coral IMO. I don't know a ton about LED but I have a light similar to those over a 10 gallon half moon tank and it really isn't all that powerful... highly doubt any corals would survive under it. It surprisingly grows low light plants pretty well though. LOL

Hey Mama...Thanks for the good word!

I wasn't sure. The price was just too tempting to not ask :). I might buy it for my shrimp tank. I will keep looking for inexpensive T5 and LEDs for the 10g. I am working on a strict budget for getting this set up and the lighting is the most cost prohibitive. I have been reading about LEDs but I just don't get the Par PUR conversion versus the power ratings for LEDs compared to T5s and PCs :/

One 55 gallon has 8 assorted African cichlids and a baby common pleco

Second 55 gallon has one fancy panda goldfish with two fancy tails in QT Maybe two more weeks ( all babies )

One ten gallon QT
Other ten cycled and waiting for stock

Lastly I converters my gumball machine into a 3-1/2 4 gallon. Cycle and then betta coming soon :D

Nice I want to see pictures of the gumball machine when you get it set up!!!

There is actually a thread on it! Under has anyone ever built an aquarium

The rude comment got deleted? Thanks! I guess there is ALWAYS a party pooper!

I checked online but no deals. I may head out to a store or two today and see what they got. Theres always some supplies I need that don't have to be high end. :)

Any Luck?? I hope someone else can get in on this!

i havnt checked my wally there under re-modling too because there making it a super wally i also dont have any money as well

fooooooey :( It's such a great deal when you don't have money that's why i couldn't pass it :( Maybe you can check yours soon and something will happen where you can get some awesome stuffs :)
(y)

kaiofcanada said:
Nice I want to see pictures of the gumball machine when you get it set up!!!

Trying to figure out what to do with the heater :( I wanted more gum looking marbles but these are still cool and were free:)

Attachments

• image-2305249318.jpg
    image-2305249318.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 103
lol mine beefed up the aquarium section last time o was there though so thats a good sign that if i need cheap filters

nice...yea the heater does look a bit tricky for placement and size eh.

Have you considered the mini nano heaters by Hydor. Not sure how big that gumball machine is, but they are fairly small. It might be worth trying out.

kaiofcanada said:
nice...yea the heater does look a bit tricky for placement and size eh.

Have you considered the mini nano heaters by Hydor. Not sure how big that gumball machine is, but they are fairly small. It might be worth trying out.

It's less than five gallons. They have these flat heaters for betta bowls but the one I need it prolly 15 dollars. I got that one at Walmart for 4 instead of 14 :) and the air pump for 50 cents... Trying not to spend much

I think its like some of the older models maybe.. They are spicing our Walmart up :) I'm so happy I found it!! I was like thank the Lord! Lol

Looks like you were blessed. Isn't it cool that He gives us our wants as well as our needs?

TheMurrays said:
Looks like you were blessed. Isn't it cool that He gives us our wants as well as our needs?

Um u weren't supposed to see this.... I'm so ashamed!!! Lol lol no it was definitely a blessing I found some stuff I needed plus some D

Wow, first I have to say congrats Flossie on your amazing purchase! Secondly, that gumball machine tank is sooooooo cool. What a fun and creative idea! I bet it will trun out awesome!

In love with the gumball machine! were you able to save the glass tube below with the lighting effect? Major jelly on the wally world deal. I saw a 125g for the $ i paid for my 75g i about filpped w joy then realized i couldnt grab the deal no funds for that right now ....oh well someone will :)

Back
Top Bottom