Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-24-2013, 09:56 AM   #91
Aquarium Advice Addict

When you get up in the morning to get dressed and apologize to your fish because you have to turn on the room light to see what your doing. Because at 5:30 am, the fish are still sleeping.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #92
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by completelycich View Post
when you constantly have a dry towel hanging on a chair in case you need to dry your arm at random times. Lol
Lol I always have one over my shoulder or stuck thru a belt loop. Lol

Old 03-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #93
Aquarium Advice Regular

When your wife tells you there no more room in the house for fish stuff, cause you buy something new every pay period.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #94
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98kshooter View Post
When visitors show up and spend the whole visit, looking at your tanks and bettas. No chatting, just looking or asking questions. One would expect more attention from a guest! Hmm a new fish fund if I were to charge admission?

You use your underwater capable camera, ( which you bought for snorkeling in the Ocean and havent yet USED in the ocean) to take AWESOME in tank pics of your fish! (Yep I am guilty of that so much my fish ignore it now and dont run from it/ And the camera now sits by my fish towel...just in case the fish do something COOL!)

Your local fish guy no longer gets up from his chair and greets you....instead he just points to a tank and says "There's your order, look it over and tell me when you're done looking" And he knows it may be a while cuz of course we gotta look at everything else new, and he knows that now.

You panic when you can't find a fish in a tank. And spend the next hour, searching and worrying something happened to it. After 14 mini heart attacks and stress levels though the roof, you find the fish sleeping behind the filter intake, or under the heater.

You become seriously OCD about your fish tank.

And lastly you begin talking to you fish like you do the dog......or the kids....
And j thought I was the only one who talks to my fish.... Glad to know I'm not alone!
Old 03-24-2013, 02:59 PM   #95
Aquarium Advice Addict

Being Italian and the phrase
" swimming with da fishes "
sounds kinda fun.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:50 PM   #96
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.h2012 View Post

And j thought I was the only one who talks to my fish.... Glad to know I'm not alone!
Oh your not alone 'raises hand'
Old 03-24-2013, 04:02 PM   #97
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just a question... How many of you have fish that will follow you or swim up to the front of the tank when they see you? Mine do it and I love it, my husband finds it interesting but funny. My fish will also follow me when I walk by, they will also follow my hand.... I think it's cool
Old 03-24-2013, 04:10 PM   #98
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
Just a question... How many of you have fish that will follow you or swim up to the front of the tank when they see you? Mine do it and I love it, my husband finds it interesting but funny. My fish will also follow me when I walk by, they will also follow my hand.... I think it's cool
Lots of fish species are know to do this, especially south/central american cichlids from my experiance, oscars, discus, angelfish, German blue rams, and the peacock cichlids I've kept have all done it
Old 03-24-2013, 04:17 PM   #99
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromlech54 View Post

Lots of fish species are know to do this, especially south/central american cichlids from my experiance, oscars, discus, angelfish, German blue rams, and the peacock cichlids I've kept have all done it
My Bolivian rams only did it at first, now it's all of my fish except my bottom dwellers; 5 ornate rainbows, 11 black ruby barbs and my 2 Bolivian rams.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:26 PM   #100
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
My female b ram will do it every time I'm at the tank,food or not. Everyone else not so much.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com