You Know You Love Aquariums When.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Been there, done that! Gotta love 24 hour walmarts. Went in at 1am for new filters once because mine crapped out.

Me too. I I had a filter quit on me on my 55g, leaving me with only an aqueon quiet flow on a 55g, at 9pm at night. So off I went to Walmart with both my kids for a filter.

You know you love aquariums when you have contractors fix more support under your house to hold the weight of bigger tanks on your floor. (Not something I have done, but would definitely consider it down the road. Hahaha).

This one just happened lol.

You know you love aquariums when your reply to your husband (by txt) 99% of the time has to do with thinking about something related o aquariums/actually doing something with aquariums. What just happened with me: my husband asks what I'm doing and I say cleaning out the aquarium (weekly PWC) and in return he asks which tank am I cleaning out.

This one just happened lol.

You know you love aquariums when your reply to your husband (by txt) 99% of the time has to do with thinking about something related o aquariums/actually doing something with aquariums. What just happened with me: my husband asks what I'm doing and I say cleaning out the aquarium (weekly PWC) and in return he asks which tank am I cleaning out.

Good one lol

when I had to rearrange my bedroom furniture to fit more tanks

Even better. I got the stand for my 29 gallon by hacking off the top of a desk-cabinet thing. Also removed a shelf just so the tank/stand could fit in that perfect spot. Oh the things we do for our fish.

Your husband who still goads you for having so many tanks, says "where's MY tank going to be?" in his new office when you move, and you know you love him too when you let him have one of yours!:love: (and change the sand and a few of the fish, so he will like it even more) :lol: :D

And then he says its nice to have the fish keep me company when I am in here (in the office)! :ROFLMAO:

And he comments that seeing the 72G 4' long bowfront is like a big screen TV, only it really is LIVE!

Me thinks me and the fishies are winning him over! :dance: Baaawhaaahaahaahaaaha!

Your husband who still goads you for having so many tanks, says "where's MY tank going to be?" in his new office when you move, and you know you love him too when you let him have one of yours!:love: (and change the sand and a few of the fish, so he will like it even more) :lol: :D

And then he says its nice to have the fish keep me company when I am in here (in the office)! :ROFLMAO:

And he comments that seeing the 72G 4' long bowfront is like a big screen TV, only it really is LIVE!

Me thinks me and the fishies are winning him over! :dance: Baaawhaaahaahaahaaaha!

I actually LOL'd

Love this. Awesomeness! Lol.

98kshooter said:
You plan making Salmon for dinner and get a twinge of guilt......:whistle:

When you feel guilty gutting and filleting a dozen trout in your kitchen, where you can see three tanks and the fish watching you!

And autumn, the fish won my boyfriend over as soon as I moved the tanks to our apartment! At the time I had a pair of very personable angels, and he was just in awe. He even bought me my second large tank, so we could have one that wasn't hidden away in our bedroom. And he has so far been pretty content with the expansion from a single 20 high to six up and running tanks totaling about 120 gallons. He likes how much I like my fish.

When you feel guilty gutting and filleting a dozen trout in your kitchen, where you can see three tanks and the fish watching you!

And autumn, the fish won my boyfriend over as soon as I moved the tanks to our apartment! At the time I had a pair of very personable angels, and he was just in awe. He even bought me my second large tank, so we could have one that wasn't hidden away in our bedroom. And he has so far been pretty content with the expansion from a single 20 high to six up and running tanks totaling about 120 gallons. He likes how much I like my fish.

We have had fish for years, he just didn't see them very much as they were in places he didn't go much and he worked a lot! The old 37 was a center piece between the living room and where his desk WAS. Then he got me the 72G bowfront because I wanted it for our anniversary. Didn't get to put it up due to moving until a couple months ago. But he liked it since it was sleek and had the matching cabinet!

Then he wanted my Edge 6.6G for his office and I said no way as it has my shrimp in it! lol So he got the 37G with Cardinals which seem to be his favorite right now!

So I was also lol when he made all those comments!!!

I think someone or even myself said before alyxx your bf is a keeper! My husband said too that as long as I am happy...(almost 30 years married)!

You watch your fish more than TV

When you know the name, and manager of every fish store for 100 miles!

Hahahaha, yeah! I think I annoy the living crap out of the fish store managers at my LFS.:lol:

When you talk about fish tanks so much, your wife gets upset about it.:nono:

When you end up talking to customers at the LFS that your GF just leaves a d waits for you in the car. (Happened last night) I don't even work there and customers were asking me for advice.

When you end up talking to someone in the fish aisle at Walmart every time you are there. Last time I talked a lady out of putting glofish in one of the little 1.5 gallon "glofish" tanks. She went with a betta instead.

When you return from being away by yourself with no hubby or kids for a weekend and the first thing hubby says is "don't worry I took care of your babies" and you both know he's not talking about the children. LOL!

when i want to buy a boat just so that i can cruise down the lakes around my area to look for driftwoods for my freshwater tanks

Oh just going to my lfs to update them on tailless! Lol ik this has been mentioned before on this thread!

image-225410441.jpg

Back
Top Bottom