You Know You Love Aquariums When.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...you are a little uneasy about retiring and traveling because it means there won't be anyone at home to CARE about your tanks while you are gone for 2-3 months at a time. Someone might be able to feed a couple tanks, but not custom feed 7-8 or 9. :eek: AND for the last 3 years you have been thinking of ways to take some dwarf shrimp, and nano fish and/or Betta in some interesting sort of contraption(s) in a motor home when you are out RVing. Still haven't come up with the perfect solution for this dilemma. I had a thread for it a LONG time ago... http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f12/motor-home-aquarium-any-rvers-live-in-and-have-experiences-202518.html just posted an update query..:popcorn:.

Custom build all the way. Something to absorb the vibrations underneath. If you used a swivel ball socket mounted to the wall it would absorb some of the motion. I had a friend do this kind of mount with a camera.

If the tank was a sphere, with the socket joint, which locked in place when the vehicle was stopped for the night/extended period, I can totally see it working!

Custom build all the way. Something to absorb the vibrations underneath. If you used a swivel ball socket mounted to the wall it would absorb some of the motion. I had a friend do this kind of mount with a camera.

If the tank was a sphere, with the socket joint, which locked in place when the vehicle was stopped for the night/extended period, I can totally see it working!

...you really would do it!

Like this! Check out what I just thought/put on the RV linked thread...This might work with what I was just thinking.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...vers-live-in-and-have-experiences-202518.html

Your family dont understand why you just bought yet another tank and your response is I got a good deal on it.
My mother inlaw says I should open a fish store so I dont have so many tanks in my house.

When you don't care to wonder why people look at you weird when ur at the pet store reading the ingredients and everything on the food packages to make sure your fish eat well. Because it isn't weird. Duh!

When your Xmas list reads

From girlfriend: fluval 306 canister filter
From mum and dad: python water changer
From sister 1: tropical fish encyclopaedia
From sister 2: tropical plants encyclopaedia

When you put reminder notes on the aquarium because you know that you are gonna look there many times

When your freezer has almost as much fish food as it does people food.
(y)

I have a freezer just for fish food, cheaper to bulk buy.

. . .when you build a house to contain them all, because the thought of getting rid of your prize shoal makes you feel unwell.

P.S. After reading some of the posts I now consider myself "more normal than before"

When a natural disaster is about to strike (recent tornado) you have a fish net and a baggie, standing by ready to scoop them out if things take a turn for the worst...

Last edited:
When you keep a strict 1 foot away from the tank rule to prevent the fish from being scared!

When you just got thru setting up a 110 gal to build a new reef and then go buy a 33 long to set up to grow frags for the 110. Oh did I mention that I already have a 60 reef a 30 reef and alot of other tanks that are not up and running at the moment but have plans for them.

When your tanks are cleaner than your room.
When you turn down a trip to Hawaii because your mother didn't know how to do a water change!
When your fish have a bigger variety in their diet than you do!

When it takes you 4 minutes to reply to a question from your spouse because you're reading AA forums

You go out black Friday to get the fish sales!

The fish sales at my local salty shop is the only black friday shopping I did!
Pet Smart extended their sale thru the weekend. They in my area are located at the mall. I saw that they had the brand of salt I use on sale a good sale. Ventured to the place I NEVER go during this time of year THE MALL. Great discounts on my salt couldnt pass that up not when I have 3 tanks with a total water copacity of around 300 gallons of salt water

Not exactly an aquarium specific one, but... you know you visit your LFS too much when he tells you to catch and bag your own fish so he can help other people.

Back
Top Bottom