You Know You Love Aquariums When.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You spend $90 and drive to collect a mistreated badly beaten up blue tang in 6 gallon cube when it couldnt even swim without hitting a wall, just to save its life. Because thats what Robert_ellis a member of Aquarium Advice has just done. I know i speak for everyone when i say, youre a credit to yourself, your family and a credit to Aquarium Advice. I bow to you in respect.

I followed that tread and I think what he did was amazing. Such a good person to that for a fishy friend.

Lol. One dry towel on each side of the fish room because there is always a need to put your hands in a tank for something.

^ I was just about to add that. Half the time I go just to add my liquid co2 and ferts... And end up either moving a plant or having to re plant one. The most likely time I actually don't get shoulder deep in my tank is feeding time... Sometimes even then I do lol.

When the smokin hot girl next door comes over to chill for the first time and all the 2 of you do do is talk about yalls fish.

When your wife is more jealous of your fish than of the 2 hours you spent with the neghibor chick talking about yalls tanks.

When you run out of hand towels in one day because you just can't seem to get the aquascaping in your fish room just right.

My personal favorate... When u have someone actually come out to give you a quote on making your 40,000g inground pool capable of sustaining a reef, sharks and all because you want to scuba dive with your fish. (you don't want to know how much)

^ I was just about to add that. Half the time I go just to add my liquid co2 and ferts... And end up either moving a plant or having to re plant one. The most likely time I actually don't get shoulder deep in my tank is feeding time... Sometimes even then I do lol.

I'm with you on that one lol

When visitors show up and spend the whole visit, looking at your tanks and bettas. No chatting, just looking or asking questions. One would expect more attention from a guest! Hmm a new fish fund if I were to charge admission?

You use your underwater capable camera, ( which you bought for snorkeling in the Ocean and havent yet USED in the ocean) to take AWESOME in tank pics of your fish! (Yep I am guilty of that so much my fish ignore it now and dont run from it/ And the camera now sits by my fish towel...just in case the fish do something COOL!)

Your local fish guy no longer gets up from his chair and greets you....instead he just points to a tank and says "There's your order, look it over and tell me when you're done looking" And he knows it may be a while cuz of course we gotta look at everything else new, and he knows that now.

You panic when you can't find a fish in a tank. And spend the next hour, searching and worrying something happened to it. After 14 mini heart attacks and stress levels though the roof, you find the fish sleeping behind the filter intake, or under the heater.

You become seriously OCD about your fish tank.

And lastly you begin talking to you fish like you do the dog......or the kids....

When visitors show up and spend the whole visit, looking at your tanks and bettas. No chatting, just looking or asking questions. One would expect more attention from a guest! Hmm a new fish fund if I were to charge admission?

You use your underwater capable camera, ( which you bought for snorkeling in the Ocean and havent yet USED in the ocean) to take AWESOME in tank pics of your fish! (Yep I am guilty of that so much my fish ignore it now and dont run from it/ And the camera now sits by my fish towel...just in case the fish do something COOL!)

Your local fish guy no longer gets up from his chair and greets you....instead he just points to a tank and says "There's your order, look it over and tell me when you're done looking" And he knows it may be a while cuz of course we gotta look at everything else new, and he knows that now.

You panic when you can't find a fish in a tank. And spend the next hour, searching and worrying something happened to it. After 14 mini heart attacks and stress levels though the roof, you find the fish sleeping behind the filter intake, or under the heater.

And lastly you begin talking to you fish like you do the dog......or the kids....

Guilty on all accounts..lmbo
Need to add
You give a smallish fish tank to a family member that you visit frequently just so you can admire a fish tank at there house too. And even ofer to come over and test tank peramitors and do water changes for them just so they can have a tank "for their kids to watch" lol. And of corse this was the perfect excuse to upsize from the smallish tank that was given away so there was no loss of a tank it just got bigger.

When you are already planning the next size upgrade on the reef tank thats not finished yet because of the endless choices in corals and reef fish that you want and know they need a bigger tank. But when you get the "upgraded bigger tank" it ends up being another tank added to the "addiction" eeehheem hobby of fish keeping.

When you get up in the morning to get dressed and apologize to your fish because you have to turn on the room light to see what your doing. Because at 5:30 am, the fish are still sleeping.

When your wife tells you there no more room in the house for fish stuff, cause you buy something new every pay period.

And j thought I was the only one who talks to my fish.... Glad to know I'm not alone!

Being Italian and the phrase
" swimming with da fishes "
sounds kinda fun.

Just a question... How many of you have fish that will follow you or swim up to the front of the tank when they see you? Mine do it and I love it, my husband finds it interesting but funny. My fish will also follow me when I walk by, they will also follow my hand.... I think it's cool :)

Just a question... How many of you have fish that will follow you or swim up to the front of the tank when they see you? Mine do it and I love it, my husband finds it interesting but funny. My fish will also follow me when I walk by, they will also follow my hand.... I think it's cool :)

Lots of fish species are know to do this, especially south/central american cichlids from my experiance, oscars, discus, angelfish, German blue rams, and the peacock cichlids I've kept have all done it

Lots of fish species are know to do this, especially south/central american cichlids from my experiance, oscars, discus, angelfish, German blue rams, and the peacock cichlids I've kept have all done it

My Bolivian rams only did it at first, now it's all of my fish except my bottom dwellers; 5 ornate rainbows, 11 black ruby barbs and my 2 Bolivian rams.

My female b ram will do it every time I'm at the tank,food or not. Everyone else not so much.

Back
Top Bottom