Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 03-24-2013, 12:36 AM   #81
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Nimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: botetort co virginia
Posts: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by molliwopp View Post
You spend $90 and drive to collect a mistreated badly beaten up blue tang in 6 gallon cube when it couldnt even swim without hitting a wall, just to save its life. Because thats what Robert_ellis a member of Aquarium Advice has just done. I know i speak for everyone when i say, youre a credit to yourself, your family and a credit to Aquarium Advice. I bow to you in respect.
I followed that tread and I think what he did was amazing. Such a good person to that for a fishy friend.
__________________

__________________
Nimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:38 AM   #82
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mrs.h2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by completelycich View Post
when you constantly have a dry towel hanging on a chair in case you need to dry your arm at random times. Lol
I keep one by my tank, or I always grab one before I do anything with my tank.
__________________

__________________
Mrs.h2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:39 AM   #83
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Nimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: botetort co virginia
Posts: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by completelycich View Post
when you constantly have a dry towel hanging on a chair in case you need to dry your arm at random times. Lol
Lol. One dry towel on each side of the fish room because there is always a need to put your hands in a tank for something.
__________________
Nimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:02 AM   #84
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mrs.h2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimo View Post

Lol. One dry towel on each side of the fish room because there is always a need to put your hands in a tank for something.
^ I was just about to add that. Half the time I go just to add my liquid co2 and ferts... And end up either moving a plant or having to re plant one. The most likely time I actually don't get shoulder deep in my tank is feeding time... Sometimes even then I do lol.
__________________
Mrs.h2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:38 AM   #85
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
MMantelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 2,259
When the smokin hot girl next door comes over to chill for the first time and all the 2 of you do do is talk about yalls fish.

When your wife is more jealous of your fish than of the 2 hours you spent with the neghibor chick talking about yalls tanks.

When you run out of hand towels in one day because you just can't seem to get the aquascaping in your fish room just right.

My personal favorate... When u have someone actually come out to give you a quote on making your 40,000g inground pool capable of sustaining a reef, sharks and all because you want to scuba dive with your fish. (you don't want to know how much)
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Check out our fish clubs Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/CFLKeepersOfAquatica
MMantelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:39 AM   #86
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
MMantelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 2,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.h2012 View Post

^ I was just about to add that. Half the time I go just to add my liquid co2 and ferts... And end up either moving a plant or having to re plant one. The most likely time I actually don't get shoulder deep in my tank is feeding time... Sometimes even then I do lol.
I'm with you on that one lol
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Check out our fish clubs Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/CFLKeepersOfAquatica
MMantelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 07:27 AM   #87
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: In the realm of Neptunus Rex
Posts: 339
When visitors show up and spend the whole visit, looking at your tanks and bettas. No chatting, just looking or asking questions. One would expect more attention from a guest! Hmm a new fish fund if I were to charge admission?

You use your underwater capable camera, ( which you bought for snorkeling in the Ocean and havent yet USED in the ocean) to take AWESOME in tank pics of your fish! (Yep I am guilty of that so much my fish ignore it now and dont run from it/ And the camera now sits by my fish towel...just in case the fish do something COOL!)

Your local fish guy no longer gets up from his chair and greets you....instead he just points to a tank and says "There's your order, look it over and tell me when you're done looking" And he knows it may be a while cuz of course we gotta look at everything else new, and he knows that now.

You panic when you can't find a fish in a tank. And spend the next hour, searching and worrying something happened to it. After 14 mini heart attacks and stress levels though the roof, you find the fish sleeping behind the filter intake, or under the heater.

You become seriously OCD about your fish tank.

And lastly you begin talking to you fish like you do the dog......or the kids....
__________________
I sit up at night and worry about this: what if bettas get big as sharks???
98kshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:01 AM   #88
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Nimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: botetort co virginia
Posts: 686
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98kshooter View Post
When visitors show up and spend the whole visit, looking at your tanks and bettas. No chatting, just looking or asking questions. One would expect more attention from a guest! Hmm a new fish fund if I were to charge admission?

You use your underwater capable camera, ( which you bought for snorkeling in the Ocean and havent yet USED in the ocean) to take AWESOME in tank pics of your fish! (Yep I am guilty of that so much my fish ignore it now and dont run from it/ And the camera now sits by my fish towel...just in case the fish do something COOL!)

Your local fish guy no longer gets up from his chair and greets you....instead he just points to a tank and says "There's your order, look it over and tell me when you're done looking" And he knows it may be a while cuz of course we gotta look at everything else new, and he knows that now.

You panic when you can't find a fish in a tank. And spend the next hour, searching and worrying something happened to it. After 14 mini heart attacks and stress levels though the roof, you find the fish sleeping behind the filter intake, or under the heater.

You become seriously OCD about your fish tank.

And lastly you begin talking to you fish like you do the dog......or the kids....
Guilty on all accounts..lmbo
Need to add
You give a smallish fish tank to a family member that you visit frequently just so you can admire a fish tank at there house too. And even ofer to come over and test tank peramitors and do water changes for them just so they can have a tank "for their kids to watch" lol. And of corse this was the perfect excuse to upsize from the smallish tank that was given away so there was no loss of a tank it just got bigger.
__________________
Nimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:09 AM   #89
Aquarium Advice FINatic
 
Nimo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: botetort co virginia
Posts: 686
When you are already planning the next size upgrade on the reef tank thats not finished yet because of the endless choices in corals and reef fish that you want and know they need a bigger tank. But when you get the "upgraded bigger tank" it ends up being another tank added to the "addiction" eeehheem hobby of fish keeping.
__________________
Nimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:51 AM   #90
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Tetra1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Omaha Nebraska
Posts: 1,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by completelycich View Post
when you constantly have a dry towel hanging on a chair in case you need to dry your arm at random times. Lol
Guilty!!
__________________

__________________
Tetra1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.