You Know You Love Aquariums When.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When you know better than to use any plastic cup sitting empty on the counter because odds are you used them for something fish related.

When you are late for work because you had to unpack a box of fish that came in the mail before you left for work. (I blamed it on traffic, my coworkers already think I'm crazy for getting fish through the mail in the first place!)

I always had better luck with fish through the mail plus you get the 15 day live guaranty
most saltwater fish shops don't do that

When every trip 20-30+miles away has to include an investigation into where the next, newest, oldest, biggest, coolest or any other reason, fish store is and a call to see what kind of shrimp and fish they specialize in is!

When you and your hubby are adding up gallons of water that each of you have in various tanks and decide together that another tank is a must because it is not fair for one to have more than the other.
We already change out around 70 gallons of salt water and about 30 gallons of fresh water pr week. And we made a fish room out of the dining room, we have filled it up and deciding where a new tank would fit in a different room.

When you know better than to use any plastic cup sitting empty on the counter because odds are you used them for something fish related.

When you are late for work because you had to unpack a box of fish that came in the mail before you left for work. (I blamed it on traffic, my coworkers already think I'm crazy for getting fish through the mail in the first place!)

When you share the same, exact problems as others here.....guilty on both! But the work part, I was only late to turnover.

When your mom asks you what you've been doing for the last fifteen minutes and you say "watching the tanks of course!"

When the only reason you have tons of instant oatmeal in your pantry is for your microworm cultures.

When you're hubby complains that there's more food for the fish in the freezer than for him!

You post your limit of pictures with the free membership and only sign up for photobucket (or something similar) solely for the purpose of being able to link pictures of your tank on the forums. And the only pictures on your photobucket are of your tank. Oh wait... Maybe that's just me :)

You drive down the road and scan the newly fallen rocks for something to put in your tank.

There is this huge stump/log of a tree that is such a unique shape I've dreamed of having it in my tank. When my husband and I go by it I've actually said outloud before I wish I could have it in my tank. I think it would fit... Just probably wouldn't have room for my fish if I could manage to get it in there.

Back
Top Bottom