You Know You Love Aquariums When.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I with you there! Family & Friends....thats when it changes from a hobby to an obsession:) and i wouldnt have it any other way!

Lol..
When you are ask "Dont you have enough tanks? Where are you gonna put that new one your looking at?" And you and your spouse both say almost in harmony we will find a place. Or we already worked that out.
Fishies and their habitat are an addiction that my husband and I both share. Good thing too because I am not sure I could find anyone else to talk to in person about the next plan and get valid input and pros and cons of the idea. Plus not many men I know would allow their home to look and sound like a fish store

When you check the forum here to see whats up in the fish community before any other social network when you first wake up.
When you spend hours on this forum just looking to see who has what that is new or what kind of issues or good things are goin on for the day. Then checking back in multiple tines a day because new stories and questions are ask every few minutes.

When you check the forum here to see whats up in the fish community before any other social network when you first wake up.
When you spend hours on this forum just looking to see who has what that is new or what kind of issues or good things are goin on for the day. Then checking back in multiple tines a day because new stories and questions are ask every few minutes.

Lol..exactly what my friends give me crap for

When you find yourself on this forum checking on the fish community before your morning coffee and more then facebook for family news!

Lol..exactly what my friends give me crap for

When you find yourself on this forum checking on the fish community before your morning coffee and more then facebook for family news!

Lol.. Atleast I now know I am not the only one!
My internet crapped out on my phone and I was not able to log on for a while. Those were the worst couple months of my life no connection to the fish world was a crises

Haha my exact thought after seeing your post. I just keep telling myself we are normal...normal with a extreme love for biology:) and IMO i see nothing wrong with that

When if you even talk about upgrading your tank your roomates look at you with concern . When you have to fight to it buy another fish and if you do you try to sneak it in so your roomates don't say I thought you were done

When you spend more time with the LFS staff than your girlfriend...she works night so what else am I gonna do?

When you know exactly what stock your LFS has because you went in the day before but you pop in again the next day in case there is something you missed.

When you buy your girlfriend a 10 gallon tank for her 30th because she said she liked bettas once Pretend that it's hers and then slowly claim ownership.

When you rush home, get in the house, walk past the wife, kid, and dog and settle down in front of your tanks.
Okay not quite bad but looking forward to see your fish tanks as you would your favorite TV show.

You Know You Love Aquariums When.....
When your family tells you someday they are going to come home and you are going to in the tank swimming with them. lol

When everyone at the LFS knows you by name and what type of tank you have.

When you can always look into your tank and see something you want to change or upgrade.

When your mother laughs at you for how long you've been sitting watching the aquarium. And you keep watching.

When you cure rocks in the toilet tank.

When you ruin your wife's food processor grinding up seafood for your next homemade batch of food.

When you talk your spouse into starting a coral room just so you can add more tanks.

When you then talk your spouse into opening your own LFS so you can have even more tanks!

When you cure rocks in the toilet tank.

When you ruin your wife's food processor grinding up seafood for your next homemade batch of food.

When you talk your spouse into starting a coral room just so you can add more tanks.

When you then talk your spouse into opening your own LFS so you can have even more tanks!

I would love to have my own fish store!

When you talk your spouse into mounting a tank on the wall instead of a tv.

When you talk your spouse into an aquaponics set up so that you can have another tank in the living room. She agrees because it is green and useful, I just wanted a small fry tank.

When you talk your spouse into mounting a tank on the wall instead of a tv. When you talk your spouse into an aquaponics set up so that you can have another tank in the living room. She agrees because it is green and useful, I just wanted a small fry tank.

Also when you have a stack of fish dishes to do, because your wife won't touch them after the "nasty" fish

...you are a little uneasy about retiring and traveling because it means there won't be anyone at home to CARE about your tanks while you are gone for 2-3 months at a time. Someone might be able to feed a couple tanks, but not custom feed 7-8 or 9. :eek:

AND for the last 3 years you have been thinking of ways to take some dwarf shrimp, and nano fish and/or Betta in some interesting sort of contraption(s) in a motor home when you are out RVing. Still haven't come up with the perfect solution for this dilemma.

I had a thread for it a LONG time ago...

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...vers-live-in-and-have-experiences-202518.html

just posted an update query..:popcorn:.

Back
Top Bottom