You Know You Love Aquariums When.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You see this at Michaels and immediately think of shell dwellers

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418675255.927361.jpg

When your sister has a fry-searching routine

...the only thing you buy with your "mad money" is fish stuff. And plot and plan for the next thing, of course fish related as well :oops:

One more.

You want a different couch in the living room so you can have a clear view of the tanks, it's a little too tall.

Last edited:
When you don't show off your yard/house, you show off your tank with every scientific name and scrap of technical terminology you remember!

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

When you spend all of your weekend money earned at Wendy's unfolding and throwing away cardboard boxes.....5$......on fish, plants, rocks and new tanks!

When you suggest new places for tanks even though you know your mom will yell at you for no more tanks

When I want my brothers to get tanks so the care will eventually fall into my hands! ::brows::

When I forget to do homework and get detention for watching my fish! (outrageous!)

When annoying little brother yells at you for watching your tanks more than going outside and playing with him....lol

Whew, that was exhausting! (I gotta find a better job lol!)

Nils

When you spend all of your weekend money earned at Wendy's unfolding and throwing away cardboard boxes.....5$......on fish, plants, rocks and new tanks!

When you suggest new places for tanks even though you know your mom will yell at you for no more tanks

When I want my brothers to get tanks so the care will eventually fall into my hands! ::brows::

When I forget to do homework and get detention for watching my fish! (outrageous!)

When annoying little brother yells at you for watching your tanks more than going outside and playing with him....lol

Whew, that was exhausting! (I gotta find a better job lol!)

Nils

Omg this definitely describes me

When you see a free 20 gal and wonder how to get your parents permission (or not...)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol small world right?

When you offer to get rid of 6 years collection worth of Star Wars to fit a 20 long :)

Nils

Last summer when I spotted a 10 gallon with filter, heater etc. in the elementary garbage dump,apparently a teacher lost her fish and threw it away, and you take it home to have your dad yell at you and you have to bring it to Goodwill. Bummer.

Nils

Getting rid of Star Wars collection is true dedication.

May the force be with you.

Haha that's nothing I've offered to get rid of my bed and sleep on a futon

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I did get rid of my bed and slept on a futon for 4 years. Marriage changed that.

You don't know what to tell people to get you for Christmas because they don't understand your hobby. You get gift cards to the local fish store for christmas :D

When you go buy a larger tank for your daughters preschool class pet . And agree to come do regular water changes for him cause the teacher has no idea how to care for a fish. Poor betta had been in a half gallon pet carrier type tank for 2 months with no water changes. ?

Oh and he came home with us today for Christmas break cause the teacher was just gonna leave him at the school for 2 weeks!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

When your mom wants to upgrade your 10gals to 20 longs and you realize that you have infected her with MTS she just needs to resist or else our whole house would be all fish tanks

When your mom wants to upgrade your 10gals to 20 longs and you realize that you have infected her with MTS she just needs to resist or else our whole house would be all fish tanks

:lol:

Your MTS comes at a cost. Namely postage and lost store credit at the LFS. All my dad wanted for christmas this year was plants to grow in the tank i gave him a few months ago. I'll post him some down today. I also helped a mate on his way to MTS when he saw my planted tanks so i'll make up a huge plant pack for his christmas gift.

Your fry enclosure/breeder box falls off the side of the tank, the fry swim out and it's a chomp fest.

You catch all the fish and put them in a different tank so they won't eat the fry

You catch all the fry one by one in a planted tank

You miss class and your mom is ok with it because it's for the fry

:lol:

Your MTS comes at a cost. Namely postage and lost store credit at the LFS. All my dad wanted for christmas this year was plants to grow in the tank i gave him a few months ago. I'll post him some down today. I also helped a mate on his way to MTS when he saw my planted tanks so i'll make up a huge plant pack for his christmas gift.

If only my parents has MTS...

NatureFish
????

Your fry enclosure/breeder box falls off the side of the tank, the fry swim out and it's a chomp fest.

You catch all the fish and put them in a different tank so they won't eat the fry

You catch all the fry one by one in a planted tank

You miss class and your mom is ok with it because it's for the fry

For the fry!!!

NatureFish
????

Back
Top Bottom