You know you're a Reefer when...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gboy66

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hen you see a green pipe and do a double take because it looks like the stalk of your Duncan...

You waste several hours of your day watching The Great Barrier Reef on Animal Planet

When you see a sign refering to The Marines and you automatically think about sw (not proud of that one)

When your screen saver on your iPhone is your tank and not your family OUCH! lol

When you put pictures up on instagram of all your fish and corals and non of your family OUCH! lol

When you tell your wife you can't go to the wedding with her because you already mixed the saltwater and it's temp matched and the corals are drip acclimating so you have to stay how and finish. DOUBLE OUCH! And say hello to the couch!!

:)

Convict2161 said:
When your screen saver on your iPhone is your tank and not your family OUCH! lol

When you put pictures up on instagram of all your fish and corals and non of your family OUCH! lol

When you tell your wife you can't go to the wedding with her because you already mixed the saltwater and it's temp matched and the corals are drip acclimating so you have to stay how and finish. DOUBLE OUCH! And say hello to the couch!!

:)

LOL! My iPhone wall papers are my nassarius snail and my cat...

You know you're a reefer when you'd rather watch your tank than whatever is on tv. :).

'Course I can't really consider myself a reefer until I have actual coral I guess, but I'm well on my way!

When you plan your day's errands around what LFS's you can hit while you're out, and making sure you have acclimation equipment ready in case of a purchase.....

Hahah im loving these. Bear... You ARE a reefer! Lol

When you have en "emergency fish fund" in your car just in case you need some money for a fish or coral

Phranque said:
When you plan your day's errands around what LFS's you can hit while you're out, and making sure you have acclimation equipment ready in case of a purchase.....

I plan my errands accordingly. Like- don't go grocery shopping before you hit the LFS, otherwise the frozen stuff will thaw and the milk will go bad.

Of course in the winter when it's 28 degrees out it won't matter so much. See that? I'm thinking ahead to winter.

You know you're a reefer when you go to the gas station and only fill up half the tank so you don't have to wait until payday to go buy something from the LFS.

Me "I need gas. I want to go buy a coral. I can get by on half a tank... Yeah. I just won't do any unnecessary driving...". (it costs $90 to fill up my tank. Ugh.)

Bearchumjs said:
I plan my errands accordingly. Like- don't go grocery shopping before you hit the LFS, otherwise the frozen stuff will thaw and the milk will go bad.

Of course in the winter when it's 28 degrees out it won't matter so much. See that? I'm thinking ahead to winter.

You know you're a reefer when you go to the gas station and only fill up half the tank so you don't have to wait until payday to go buy something from the LFS.

Me "I need gas. I want to go buy a coral. I can get by on half a tank... Yeah. I just won't do any unnecessary driving...". (it costs $90 to fill up my tank. Ugh.)

I will bet you money that will be me next week. LOL!

When you have better and more fish/coral food in the refrigerator than people food.

Back
Top Bottom