You know you're an aquarist if...(just for fun)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you know your a "redneck aquarist" when on the way home from work every friday you pick up a six pack for you and some stress coat for the fish! :lol:

and another...

when u accidentally drink out of the stress/prime/plant fert bottles while doing maintenance

I've mistaken the stress bottle for my soda bottle many times, actually drank it once! Mela/Pima Fix bottles even look kinda like soda bottles if your not paying attention

If you have ever gotten in trouble with your gf bc you forgot plans bc you were busy hooking up a new piece of equipment you got at lfs and excitedly rushed home to hook up... Guess its off to the flower shop Nxt...

That's disgusting dude. Ugh. I can't imagine drinking MelaFix. Agh!

haha never drank the melafix before, I was just pointing out with the tall see through blue bottle, it can be mistaken at a glance tho! I've come close with the stress coat, but as soon as I realized it wasnt soda, less than a second, I spit it out. Gross tho...

Today I went to the Como Zoo (in MN) and ended up teaching a couple of zoo workers about what fish were in their freshwater displays. :)

When your at work reading AA at the front desk and every time some walks by you quickly at like your working, incase it's your boss. :p
So far haven't been caught yet.

When your mother tells you no more tanks and you go out anyway and buy one, hide for a couple of days( usually in the garage, in plain sight) and say "I've always had that tank, it's not new."

absolutangel04 said:
Today I went to the Como Zoo (in MN) and ended up teaching a couple of zoo workers about what fish were in their freshwater displays. :)

I loved the Como Zoo when we lived there, especially since it's free :)
I love the lion and tiger exhibit too, with the bridge, it's cool. And the polar bears....I could go on and on!

When your at work reading AA at the front desk and every time some walks by you quickly at like your working, incase it's your boss. :p
So far haven't been caught yet.

When your mother tells you no more tanks and you go out anyway and buy one, hide for a couple of days( usually in the garage, in plain sight) and say "I've always had that tank, it's not new."
Thats sooooo great!

When you open the front door with wet arm pits and trying to explain that you were cleaning out a fish tank and it's not sweat. Or when you walk into a resteraunt and you didn't have time to change shirts.

Just happened to me this morning, the neighbor gave me a look while dropping off Christmas presents. Lol

When you're always tempted to buy new fish at your LFS but know it will overstock your tank

And

When you keep thinking about your next tank.

When you open the front door with wet arm pits and trying to explain that you were cleaning out a fish tank and it's not sweat. Or when you walk into a resteraunt and you didn't have time to change shirts.

Just happened to me this morning, the neighbor gave me a look while dropping off Christmas presents. Lol
Lol, once I answered the door while holding my big gravel vac, and the poor salesman's eyes got HUGE. I think he thought it was for pumping up something different... But I know I am an aquarist, because I didn't even blush.

Lol, once I answered the door while holding my big gravel vac, and the poor salesman's eyes got HUGE. I think he thought it was for pumping up something different... But I know I am an aquarist, because I didn't even blush.

lol Thats funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom