You know you're an aquarist if...(just for fun)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gboy66 said:
You scream like a little girl when you see a hitch hiker sea star in your cycling tank

I wish i could say i was joking:D

You are so cute! Lol. :)

You know you're an aquarist when you feel guilty when you're eating chips and salsa, because it looks like your fish want some.

OBEYtheFISH said:
Wow! :/

I got my 180G with canopy, stand, sump 75 G, skimmer & a 110G for 300$

I am soooo jealous... I also wish I had room for tanks that size.

When you wake up at 3am to get glass of water, then check on your fish, read recent AA posts, search Craigslist for another tank (hoping someone had posted an amazing deal in the middle of the night)..... And then go back to sleep thinking about yet another fish tank.

Ice Man said:
When you wake up at 3am to get glass of water, then check on your fish, read recent AA posts, search Craigslist for another tank (hoping someone had posted an amazing deal in the middle of the night)..... And then go back to sleep thinking about yet another fish tank.

Lmao are you stalking me???!!

When your husband is late for work because you lost track of time reading AA and you ended up waking hubby up late.

When you put your son to sleep late because you lost track of time while checking on new introductions to two different tanks.

skiweeangel said:
When you put your son to sleep late because you lost track of time while checking on new introductions to two different tanks.

Yep! And when you slowly introduce your 9 year old to the fascinating world of aquariums and do an evil happy dance when he says he wants to spend his birthday money getting his own tank. And then showing him pictures of all the fish that I want so that he will pick one -- and he does! I now have a partner in crime!! He even drew a picture of how he wants to redesign his tank. We barely have the tank cycled and he already wants to do a complete overhaul and switch from gravel to sand!

Hee hee hee!

VioletEmber said:
Yep! And when you slowly introduce your 9 year old to the fascinating world of aquariums and do an evil happy dance when he says he wants to spend his birthday money getting his own tank. And then showing him pictures of all the fish that I want so that he will pick one -- and he does! I now have a partner in crime!! He even drew a picture of how he wants to redesign his tank. We barely have the tank cycled and he already wants to do a complete overhaul and switch from gravel to sand!

Hee hee hee!

Hehehe it's a family affair! Our son wanted a huge castle for his fish tank so we went from a ten to a 55g just for him.

When you say it's or your son but really it's because you want it! Hehe

when your sisters boyfriend rings you whilst at work telling you that your leopard danios males are bothering the females. And you reply "Aaaaah, leave em to it!"

It drives me nuts to have dry skin on my hands-- I'm a lotion addict. But since starting this habit I walk around all evening with chapped hands until right before I fall asleep because I never know when I might have to stick my hands in the tank, one last time, to arrange a plant, check on the fry...

And when you can't use products containing tea tree oil without thinking of sick fish...

VioletEmber said:
It drives me nuts to have dry skin on my hands-- I'm a lotion addict. But since starting this habit I walk around all evening with chapped hands until right before I fall asleep because I never know when I might have to stick my hands in the tank, one last time, to arrange a plant, check on the fry....
I'm not alone!! :)

When your about to upgrade your 29 to a 55 which is overstocked and your gf says

"We are not getting anymore fish!"

You get even more excited because that means she shows some knowledge in your hobby!

Donkey Gun said:
When your about to upgrade your 29 to a 55 which is overstocked and your gf says

"We are not getting anymore fish!"

You get even more excited because that means she shows some knowledge in your hobby!

Haha love it.Just split from my girlfriend because she hates fish.We only went out about 6 times but if she hates fish she gotta GO lol

My ex was of the opinion that fish were decorations that eat and poop. Then he saw my betta do tricks and my angelfish recognize me while they ignored anyone else who walked up to their tank. Let's just say his mind was changed. My boyfriend has loved my fish since we met. I can't wait to get my puffers into the living room so he might stop dragging people into our room to see the them. Then again, he'll probably be dragging everyone in to show off the betta, whatever goes into the 20 gal, and the crawfish. Actually he already shows off the new tank in the living room that is currently cycling. I did a nifty painting on the back glass, so it looks pretty awesome on its own.

Alyxx said:
My ex was of the opinion that fish were decorations that eat and poop. Then he saw my betta do tricks and my angelfish recognize me while they ignored anyone else who walked up to their tank. Let's just say his mind was changed. My boyfriend has loved my fish since we met. I can't wait to get my puffers into the living room so he might stop dragging people into our room to see the them. Then again, he'll probably be dragging everyone in to show off the betta, whatever goes into the 20 gal, and the crawfish. Actually he already shows off the new tank in the living room that is currently cycling. I did a nifty painting on the back glass, so it looks pretty awesome on its own.

good idea! I did a charcoal drawing for the back of my tank. do you have any photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom