You know you're an aquarist if...(just for fun)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
joejeff said:
That is freakin awesome

Thank you! All it took was a few nice printouts taped inside the tank, a couple bottles with tiny squeeze openings, a tiny paintbrush, a lot of sponges for the background, a few shades of acrylic paint, and a really really steady hand. Only took about two weeks to do. Soooo many layers on layers, and each had to dry before I could move forward with it.

My ex was of the opinion that fish were decorations that eat and poop. Then he saw my betta do tricks and my angelfish recognize me while they ignored anyone else who walked up to their tank. Let's just say his mind was changed. My boyfriend has loved my fish since we met. I can't wait to get my puffers into the living room so he might stop dragging people into our room to see the them. Then again, he'll probably be dragging everyone in to show off the betta, whatever goes into the 20 gal, and the crawfish. Actually he already shows off the new tank in the living room that is currently cycling. I did a nifty painting on the back glass, so it looks pretty awesome on its own.

I love the painting, it's very original! You don't see many tanks decorated like that. Usually people go with the natural look, but I really love the personality in yours.

I'm adding more rock and brackish friendly plants to get kind of a sunken ruins look.

Love the tank Alex!

When you never use the timer on your iPod for anything but water tests so when you do use it at your parents house and it goes off you need to brace yourself from jumping in the car and driving 2 1/2 hrs away to do a water test.

Alyxx said:
Thank you! All it took was a few nice printouts taped inside the tank, a couple bottles with tiny squeeze openings, a tiny paintbrush, a lot of sponges for the background, a few shades of acrylic paint, and a really really steady hand. Only took about two weeks to do. Soooo many layers on layers, and each had to dry before I could move forward with it.

Very cool. Yea, it took me a couple weeks to do the charcoal for my tank and then I put in the back and thought it looked too depressing..

Attachments

• image-3904127266.jpg
    image-3904127266.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 85
  • image-3374101579.jpg
    image-3374101579.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 79
Donkey Gun said:
Very cool. Yea, it took me a couple weeks to do the charcoal for my tank and then I put in the back and thought it looked too depressing..

That looks great! You have some talent with charcoal!

Mumma.of.two said:
When your on a computer for once in a blue moon and realise your the #1 poster this month by almost 700 posts! How did that happen.......:whistle:

Bc u deserve the helper award.

If go to realtor.com and rent.com to find a new place to live so you can finally get the 40 gallon breeder that you drool over every time you go to the lfs.

When you get a new tank and decide "so if I move this couch with this couch and have the coffee table there then I could get another tank! And I can have one in the garage and a 30 gallon in my room!" etc....

pattyfurg said:
When you get a new tank and decide "so if I move this couch with this couch and have the coffee table there then I could get another tank! And I can have one in the garage and a 30 gallon in my room!" etc....

Yes, and when you see cheapo unfinished cabinets at home depot for $40 you wonder if it would make a good tank stand...

When friends and family wonder how black sand ends up in your toilet and bath tub...

When your husband is telling a story at dinner, and he notices your eyes are focused just over his shoulder to the left of him, and he says "are you looking at that fish tank again!!!???"

when you take great joy in telling other LFS that a yoyo loach grows to 6" not the displayed 2.5" :)

When after a college roommate accidentally unplugs your mini fridge, you are angrier about having to toss your thawed out frozen bloodworms for your fish than you are about having to toss your food.

Sisserydoo said:
When your husband is telling a story at dinner, and he notices your eyes are focused just over his shoulder to the left of him, and he says "are you looking at that fish tank again!!!???"

Lol I think that happened at the end of an episode if Tanked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom