You know you're an aquarist if...(just for fun)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you are walking around the kitchen with a handful of chips and your dog following you eating everything you drop on the ground. Then a few drop and slide under the cabinant where the dog cant reach and your first thought is "oh no, if nobody eats that there will be ammonia build up."

When you're glued to the tank worried your fish are killing each other and really they're doing "the deed" *face palm*

When you do a PWC in 2 tanks and change all the filters of your tanks :) at 2:35AM

Fishie said:
When you do a PWC in 2 tanks and change all the filters of your tanks :) at 2:35AM

When this quote makes you concerned this poster may have thrown out pos media instead of rinsing and reusing to preserve bb.

joejeff said:
When this quote makes you concerned this poster may have thrown out pos media instead of rinsing and reusing to preserve bb.

:( I just changed out the filter cartilage because I have HOB filters exept for one. So I wasn't suppose to do this? :O I kinda was typing fast so it didn't make sense but I was just suppose to rinse it off??

Fishie said:
:( I just changed out the filter cartilage because I have HOB filters exept for one. So I wasn't suppose to do this? :O I kinda was typing fast so it didn't make sense but I was just suppose to rinse it off??

Yes, rinsing it off in old tank water is what you have to do

Fishie said:

When you clean out a filter, you're supposed to rinse everything in tank water so you don't kill your beneficial bacteria and put tour tank in a cycle

paytertot said:
When you clean out a filter, you're supposed to rinse everything in tank water so you don't kill your beneficial bacteria and put tour tank in a cycle

Oh wow thanks so I don't have to buy new inserts for filters?

Fishie said:
Oh wow thanks so I don't have to buy new inserts for filters?

Well every once in a while you do, but try to use the ones you have for as long as you think they're working, and only change one filter insert at a time

paytertot said:
Well every once in a while you do, but try to use the ones you have for as long as you think they're working, and only change one filter insert at a time

I heard never do it until it is literaly falling apart

Oh if you only have one filter, and one cartrige in the filter, then don't change it because you'll lose every bit of bb

I personally have 3 different inserts, one that I change every 6 months, one that I change every 3, and one that I don't change unless I have to. But I stagger it of course and I have another filter that I only rinse the stuff in tank water

paytertot said:
I personally have 3 different inserts, one that I change every 6 months, one that I change every 3, and one that I don't change unless I have to. But I stagger it of course and I have another filter that I only rinse the stuff in tank water
What's BB?

Yea sorry that's what I was talking about in this post

paytertot said:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom