You know you're an aquarist if...(just for fun)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you spend an entire weekend breaking down an 80 gal because you lost over half your fish and can't figure out why. If this had have happened with one of my first tanks I can't say that I would still be in the hobby...oh who am I kidding.. Of course I would! Lol!

When after the 1000 gal tank gets cracked and can't be repaired, you find a 900 gal and proceed to spend 12 hours sanding and buffing out all the scratches til it looks new again. My arms hurt :(

00youknowit00 said:
Exactly, its just the mental preparation haha

Which they deff would survive I transport fish 2 1/2 hours away from a whole seller to my house and clients houses and they do great! Like you said get them at the end of your trip tell the staff to use bigger bags with oxygen and put less fish per bag. Tell them how far you have to go. Bring a styrofoam cooler with ya and heat packs if super cold out. And if it's hot keep them cool. Drive straight home and enjoy your new friends:) easy breezy!

While talking to a coworker who keeps fish last night (actually I was warning her about feeding frozen bloodworm cubes without defrosting them first) I got the strangest look from one of our "blonder" coworkers. "You feed fish blood?" "No, bloodworms. Mosquito larvae... They're little worms that are blood red..." "Ewwwwww!"

Alyxx said:
While talking to a coworker who keeps fish last night (actually I was warning her about feeding frozen bloodworm cubes without defrosting them first) I got the strangest look from one of our "blonder" coworkers. "You feed fish blood?" "No, bloodworms. Mosquito larvae... They're little worms that are blood red..." "Ewwwwww!"

Why should you defrost them first?

If you make jokes about fries needing salt at burger king while eating French fries, and consider this to be humor.

Alyxx said:

Lol I had to explain that to my mom. She thought the same thing. :)

reesies_87 said:
When you love your tank so much you wished you lived in it too! :D

Lol that's great.

When you start looking at the lfs during lunch, even though you can't buy anything :)

Starka said:
Lol that's great.

When you start looking at the lfs during lunch, even though you can't buy anything :)

When the reason for not being able to buy anything is not money- its because you are fully stocked.

absolutangel04 said:
Yeah, thats when you know you have had too much!:ROFLMAO:

HAHAHA!! Well.... I know... Sad isn't it. LOL! OR when you can't remember if you fed the fish their nightly meal before bed... Sigh... Okay only happened once! Little Miss anal me even left the fish food out, top OFF! :-0

Jlsardina said:
When the reason for not being able to buy anything is not money- its because you are fully stocked.

Yes, the daily routine of lunch because home it too far away. That and I think they are tired of me pointing out sick fish @ petsmart. XD

Starka said:
When you visit a lfs 30mins away and wonder if you buy any fish there if they would make it back home.

My betta Lucy made the trip home on the bus! YES last summer I suddenly decided I HAD to have a female betta, and even tho my car was in shop I got on the city bus... Although I refrained from talking to her on the ride home so people didn't direct me to the mental institution INSTEAD! I knew she was going to be a great girl when her pale little self in her tiny cup followed my finger and stared up at me tilting her head begging me to take her home! It was close! I almost got the tinier blue one as Lucy looked on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom