Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 01-10-2012, 12:44 AM   #681
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Hholly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 3,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboy66
You scream like a little girl when you see a hitch hiker sea star in your cycling tank

I wish i could say i was joking
You are so cute! Lol.

You know you're an aquarist when you feel guilty when you're eating chips and salsa, because it looks like your fish want some.
__________________

__________________
Hholly is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 12:57 AM   #682
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Alyxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Slidell, La
Posts: 2,284
Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEYtheFISH

Wow! :/

I got my 180G with canopy, stand, sump 75 G, skimmer & a 110G for 300$
I am soooo jealous... I also wish I had room for tanks that size.
__________________

__________________
Alyxx is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 05:18 AM   #683
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Ice Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 264
When you wake up at 3am to get glass of water, then check on your fish, read recent AA posts, search Craigslist for another tank (hoping someone had posted an amazing deal in the middle of the night)..... And then go back to sleep thinking about yet another fish tank.
__________________
Solution to pollution is dilution.
Ice Man is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 05:53 AM   #684
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
OBEYtheFISH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bridgetown
Posts: 1,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Man
When you wake up at 3am to get glass of water, then check on your fish, read recent AA posts, search Craigslist for another tank (hoping someone had posted an amazing deal in the middle of the night)..... And then go back to sleep thinking about yet another fish tank.
Lmao are you stalking me???!!
__________________
OBEYtheFISH is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 09:35 AM   #685
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 51
When your husband is late for work because you lost track of time reading AA and you ended up waking hubby up late.
__________________
CrimsonBlayde is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 11:08 AM   #686
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
skiweeangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,235
When you put your son to sleep late because you lost track of time while checking on new introductions to two different tanks.
__________________
skiweeangel is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #687
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
VioletEmber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiweeangel
When you put your son to sleep late because you lost track of time while checking on new introductions to two different tanks.
Yep! And when you slowly introduce your 9 year old to the fascinating world of aquariums and do an evil happy dance when he says he wants to spend his birthday money getting his own tank. And then showing him pictures of all the fish that I want so that he will pick one -- and he does! I now have a partner in crime!! He even drew a picture of how he wants to redesign his tank. We barely have the tank cycled and he already wants to do a complete overhaul and switch from gravel to sand!

Hee hee hee!
__________________
VioletEmber is offline  
Old 01-10-2012, 09:50 PM   #688
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
skiweeangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,235
Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletEmber

Yep! And when you slowly introduce your 9 year old to the fascinating world of aquariums and do an evil happy dance when he says he wants to spend his birthday money getting his own tank. And then showing him pictures of all the fish that I want so that he will pick one -- and he does! I now have a partner in crime!! He even drew a picture of how he wants to redesign his tank. We barely have the tank cycled and he already wants to do a complete overhaul and switch from gravel to sand!

Hee hee hee!
Hehehe it's a family affair! Our son wanted a huge castle for his fish tank so we went from a ten to a 55g just for him.

When you say it's or your son but really it's because you want it! Hehe
__________________
skiweeangel is offline  
Old 01-11-2012, 06:50 AM   #689
Aquarium Advice Activist
 
Viperchaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 103
when your sisters boyfriend rings you whilst at work telling you that your leopard danios males are bothering the females. And you reply "Aaaaah, leave em to it!"
__________________
Viperchaos is offline  
Old 01-11-2012, 11:35 AM   #690
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
VioletEmber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: SF Bay Area, CA
Posts: 489
It drives me nuts to have dry skin on my hands-- I'm a lotion addict. But since starting this habit I walk around all evening with chapped hands until right before I fall asleep because I never know when I might have to stick my hands in the tank, one last time, to arrange a plant, check on the fry...

And when you can't use products containing tea tree oil without thinking of sick fish...
__________________

__________________
VioletEmber is offline  
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article: What You Should Know About Fish Nutrition Fishguy2727 Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion 14 02-01-2012 09:41 AM
New Aquarist Joining the Ranks Gouramii Member Introductions 13 10-06-2011 05:13 AM
Returning Aquarist wsboyette Member Introductions 1 10-05-2011 07:29 PM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.