You might be a fish geek if . . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if you daydream and dream of your fish and tanks.

if you think that you really don't need that kitchen table and could always use another tank.

:D This could be very funny....

...you spend $300 on a cannister filter for a fishtank but make your kid do extra chores for those basketball runners.

...a day of shopping in the city consists of a list and MAP of directions to all of the local LFS' and pet superstores.

...you belong to more than one fish forum.

...you have funerals for your dead fish instead of just flushing them like everyone else.

...you spend more money on quality fish food then you do on groceries (okay that's a stretch but, I did just lay out $100 at an LFS for fish and reptile food).

...you have a savings account for your NEXT tank (when you already have several) and not a savings account for vacations like everyone else.

...your electric bill is twice everyone else's because of your MTS AND you don't mind.

If you put off house repairs to buy some more fish.

If you put off getting newer clothes because you want to make an order to fishsupply.com

If you feed your fish first and then your family.

If you look at your tank before looking at your family......

The whole weekend is revolved around what we can hurry and get done so we can go to the lfs.

if u buy a camera specifically for taking pictures of your fish (lol lonewolf)
if u start removing funiture in your room to make room for more tanks (lol i am down to a bed and a dresser)

if you know what MTS is, lol.

mr funktastic said:
if u buy a camera specifically for taking pictures of your fish (lol lonewolf)

if you take your whole savings to buy a fancy camera just to take pics of your tank. ;)

...if, after the minute you finish setting up a new tank, you're already planning the next tank.

...if you have fish shipped to you at work and your co-workers look at you like you've lost it.

...if your a moderator at one fish forum and a member with hundreds of posts at four or five other forums.

...if you check the mailbox everday in anticipation for your next issue of Tropical Fish Hobbyist or any other fish related magazine, and your are sorely dissapointed when it doesn't come.

...if you have to chant a mantra to yourself "I will not buy anything in here" when you visit a LFS and you come out with something in a fish bag anyway.

...if you check for new posts at all your fish forums before you check your email or do any work.

...if you find yourself volunteering to help set-up and take care of other peoples tank so that they seem as sick as you and so you can live out your extreme case of MTS through them since you've covered every square inch of your home with tanks already.

.... when the owner of your favorite lfs can feed a family of six just off your purchases.
.... when the same lfs owner is driving a brand new mercedes with custom plates that say "thx cndy".

Cindy... I have never really thought about it before but the owner of my LFS also drives a mercedes. I will look at her tag tomorrow to make sure my name is not on it.

Just thought of one and I really do this. You might be a fish geek if . . . When you go to the LFS and see something you want you go behind the counter get a bag and bag up your own corals before anyone has a chance to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom