Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-22-2015, 05:07 PM   #91
Aquarium Advice Addict

My parents are fine with having four aquariums in the house, because I buy everything and take care of it myself, and they don't have to do anything.

Old 02-22-2015, 05:15 PM   #92
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFish42 View Post
My parents are fine with having four aquariums in the house, because I buy everything and take care of it myself, and they don't have to do anything.

Same with mine. Do it all myself

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Old 02-22-2015, 09:41 PM   #93
Aquarium Advice FINatic

You know your a fish nerd as a mother when you're 9 year old boy doesn't want to go into lfs anymore. He also says fish are boring. I always tell him to have respect because they were here before humans.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 02-22-2015, 10:08 PM   #94
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
You know your a fish nerd as a mother when you're 9 year old boy doesn't want to go into lfs anymore. He also says fish are boring. I always tell him to have respect because they were here before humans.
Lol I love this one! Just like me and my little brother when i want to go to PetCo across from Bestbuy where my parents are going, I usually get him to go with me though.
I'm only allowed to keep 2 tanks running right now, plus a hermit crab tank. If I didn't have siblings, then i'd have more because my mom says it's not fair for them to see me get all these pets (I hate referring to them as pets) and that they don't get anything. Well, newsflash, if they actually wanted an aquarium or anything then they wouldn't be sitting around saying my fish are stupid, and then it's my fault again for them not having anything, and the cycle continues. Sorry for the rant, I'm sure others face the exact same problem I do.

Nils
Old 02-22-2015, 10:13 PM   #95
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nils View Post
Lol I love this one! Just like me and my little brother when i want to go to PetCo across from Bestbuy where my parents are going, I usually get him to go with me though.
I'm only allowed to keep 2 tanks running right now, plus a hermit crab tank. If I didn't have siblings, then i'd have more because my mom says it's not fair for them to see me get all these pets (I hate referring to them as pets) and that they don't get anything. Well, newsflash, if they actually wanted an aquarium or anything then they wouldn't be sitting around saying my fish are stupid, and then it's my fault again for them not having anything, and the cycle continues. Sorry for the rant, I'm sure others face the exact same problem I do.

Nils
Thanks ! How can something that can breath in water not be interesting!

Old 02-23-2015, 06:17 PM   #96
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey W. View Post

My teen boys are the same. I think I'll try that line on them!

~ Sent via Carrier Goldfish
Old 02-23-2015, 06:20 PM   #97
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyMamma View Post
My teen boys are the same. I think I'll try that line on them!

~ Sent via Carrier Goldfish

I'm the only one in my family that has ever owned an aquarium besides my father back in the day owned a saltwater when he was stationed in Guam, tells me his octopus always tried to escape lol. I would love to have a family member that took even a slight interest in fish keeping.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS
Old 02-23-2015, 06:44 PM   #98
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey W. View Post

When I go to the lfs with my 4 year old, I can't get anything done or look at anything or have a conversation with my fish guy because she goes crazy looking at, touching, wanting to feed, wanting to buy, wanting to show me EVERYTHING. Mama look! Mama come here! Maaaammaaa!

4 year old to fish guy; "Excuse me, we want to buy a "uney goami" (honey gourami), then has a melt down when I tell her we can't get a gourami because the tank isn't cycled. Sobbing in fish store; "whhhhhy does it take so darn long for the tank to cycle!!??
She also gets really excited when I feed the fish blood worms. "Mama! He just sucked it right up!"

I almost wish my kid was bored of fish, lol. Then I could go to the store myself!
Old 02-23-2015, 07:27 PM   #99
Aquarium Advice Freak

Love it!

Keeping my sleeves wet...
Sent via Carrier Goldfish
Old 02-23-2015, 07:31 PM   #100
Aquarium Advice Addict

When your puffer seems a little glum and you immediately do a water change, and when do a water change on your main tank because your cory's aren't showing full coloration on their dorsal fins.....my fish life. By the way, your lucky to have someone so interested in fish, especially a kid. My mom is the only one who will come into my room and even knows that I really like my fish. My dad and my brothers barely even know what kind of fish I have, and the one they do know is catfish. Whatever as long as I enjoy it lol.

Nils

Tags
aquarium

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com