You might be an aquarium nerd if...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've stopped buying decorations because I love the natural look and they get replaced lol

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I'm in the same boat as Caleb. I have bought a few fake plants but my fish won't allow real ones lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm in the same boat as Caleb. I have bought a few fake plants but my fish won't allow real ones lol

I've debated some for my JD because a real plant would never survive that.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

The tank my new world cichlids in is quite bare. A few terra cotta pots is all it has at the moment. All the recent rain is hurting my scavenging time

When the fish store lets you catch your own fish.

Fishobsessed7

3 tanks and counting! (6 if you count the bettas)

When I'm thinking about skipping the school dance today to go pick up a cory catfish I ordered :)

When I'm thinking about skipping the school dance today to go pick up a cory catfish I ordered :)

It's Saturday, sounds way more exciting then going to school.

When you go on Craigslist multiple times a week looking for good deals on anything fish related. And every ridiculous ad you see you post on bad craigslist finds

When you go on Craigslist multiple times a week looking for good deals on anything fish related. And every ridiculous ad you see you post on bad craigslist finds

I do this. I saw a 65 gal drilled saltwater tank fully set up all for $100. Guy was moving and wanted rid of it. If I had the space it would be in my house today.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

at the lfs, the owner and all the employees know me well and the the owners wife knows me. I wish I could catch my own fish.

Last edited by a moderator:
after asking for the fish I wanted [at the lfs] he opened the hoods on the tank system and handed me a net!

Fishobsessed7

3 tanks and counting! (6 if you count the bettas)

Last edited by a moderator:
You might be an aquarium nerd if you avoid the staff at fish stores because you're embarrassed that you could do their job better than 90% of them.

You might be an aquarium nerd if you avoid the staff at fish stores because you're embarrassed that you could do their job better than 90% of them.

Yes, I often find myself correcting them.

29 gallon community
10 gallon gertrudae rainbow W.I.P.

When a lfs employee tells you that don't get any snails if you're gonna purchase 2 angelicus botia loaches. You do everything in your power not to say, " well duh !". Because that would make you a jerk.l lol.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

When a lfs employee tells you that don't get any snails if you're gonna purchase 2 angelicus botia loaches. You do everything in your power not to say, " well duh !". Because that would make you a jerk.l lol.

I hate when that happens. I once got a ton of fish at Petsmart and the lady catching the fish was looking at me like I had two heads. after I told her that is was for separate tanks she was fine. Now whenever I go to that petsmart and she sees me she tells the other employee to help me.

Lol my Angelicus actually leaves my mystery snails alone. They just don't even question me anymore it's just "what you you want this time...?" Lol

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Lol my Angelicus actually leaves my mystery snails alone. They just don't even question me anymore it's just "what you you want this time...?" Lol

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I have a small pack now 3 angelicus botia ( 1 adult and 2 juveniles ) and 1 adult yoyo. Someone is gonna eat a snail or 2 eventually.

Back
Top Bottom