Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-28-2015, 11:56 AM   #141
Aquarium Advice Addict

When you guys go to a new LFS do you survey everything quickly then go over the aisles more slowly like two or three times once you know where everything is?

Old 02-28-2015, 12:01 PM   #142
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by icydeath View Post
When you guys go to a new LFS do you survey everything quickly then go over the aisles more slowly like two or three times once you know where everything is?

Yes if I would ever get a new LFS! Not many around here :/

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Old 02-28-2015, 12:07 PM   #143
Aquarium Advice Addict

Know how you feel, Folsom literally has no LFS besides PetCo and two Petsmarts. Because of this I have to frequent Sac and Davis XD

1. You might be an aquarium nerd if every time you go out to eat with your family you ask to be driven to the LFS
2. You might be an aquarium nerd if you ask to go to the LFS and your family asks if you are buying anything and you say no not understanding the thought process of nonfishtank people (muggles)
Old 02-28-2015, 12:16 PM   #144
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Know how you feel, Folsom literally has no LFS besides PetCo and two Petsmarts. Because of this I have to frequent Sac and Davis XD

1. You might be an aquarium nerd if every time you go out to eat with your family you ask to be driven to the LFS
2. You might be an aquarium nerd if you ask to go to the LFS and your family asks if you are buying anything and you say no not understanding the thought process of nonfishtank people (muggles)
That perfectly describes me! Also, when you walk into PetCo to go collect some pond snails and the guy looks up once, hands you a net and a bag because he already knows what I'm there for, and when I leave tells me to say hi to my puffer for him.

I'm also a nerd because I spend more time with my fish than I do on school, and tell them to look outside because it snowed and this only happens a few times a year. There's nothing better than a fish tank!

Oh yeah, when you're hanging out with friends in the woods and you say you're going to go check the creek for plants, and your friend just groans. What can I say? I've found some pretty cool ones!

Nils
Old 02-28-2015, 03:46 PM   #145
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hahaha my friends hate when I do that! Sometimes I will bring crocs in a backpack and a ziploc bag or two just in case I find a native plant fish or invert I want to keep. Or a rock. All my rocks are wild caught. People say I should only keep captive bred rocks, but the wild ones are so cool!

I think I will start going to the lake more often to find some cool natives to keep.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:07 PM   #146
Aquarium Advice Addict

I love collecting wild things from streams, lakes and rivers! Although, it has got me a lot of worms at some point, but that was at least 3 years ago.

Nils
Old 03-03-2015, 10:11 PM   #147
Aquarium Advice Addict

When I was ten I kept two male mosquitofish with my betta in a one gallon tank, I really liked them.

I might set up a Folsom biotope tank in the future hahaha
Old 03-04-2015, 10:02 PM   #148
Aquarium Advice Addict

I always get rocks and stuff, then end up chickening out of putting them in because either I don't have space or I don't want parasites, but they make a nice pile in the yard!!

Nils
Old 03-04-2015, 11:33 PM   #149
Aquarium Advice Activist

... if your brain and heart are at odds in regards to how much and how often to feed your fish.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:40 PM   #150
Aquarium Advice Addict

When you can't think of anything to do, you decide to do a PWC. Or name each of your snails. Or sing to the guppy fry (I did that yesterday).

Tags
aquarium

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com