You might be an aquarium nerd if...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When your boss sees a pic of your really cool looking SW Camel Shrimp and says they are ugly and you feel a twinge of sadness for the comment but feel sorry for HER because she can't appreciate their beauty!

not the best pic... white blurry dot/lines are swimming larval /planktonic baby shrimp...
60074-albums14401-picture69166.jpg

When your boss sees a pic of your really cool looking SW Camel Shrimp and says they are ugly and you feel a twinge of sadness for the comment but feel sorry for HER because she can't appreciate their beauty!

not the best pic... white blurry dot/lines are swimming larval /planktonic baby shrimp...
60074-albums14401-picture69166.jpg

That shrimp is awesome!

Am I still an aquarium nerd if I walked out of my lfs without buying anything? I didn't even think I could do that, but I did bring in some plants and exchange a powerhead.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Am I still an aquarium nerd if I walked out of my lfs without buying anything? I didn't even think I could do that, but I did bring in some plants and exchange a powerhead.

Yes you are :).

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

Thanks to those who wished me a happy birthday :) I spent it mostly watching fish :lol:

Sent from my XT830C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It makes you stronger willed than me :lol:

It makes you stronger willed than me :lol:

If I wasn't doing a huge wc on my 75 I would have bought a yellow tang so not that stong willed lol

You stop eating Swai at the Asian resturaunt because you find out that you are eating an iridescent shark.

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

you and your friends sit for 2+ hours just watching the tanks and narrating what the fish are "thinking and saying", not to mention patting yourself on the back at how things turned out (moved and revamped a lot of our tanks)

you and your friends sit for 2+ hours just watching the tanks and narrating what the fish are "thinking and saying", not to mention patting yourself on the back at how things turned out (moved and revamped a lot of our tanks)

I wish I could say the same for my friends lol. I get a "that's really cool" and then they move on...

Caleb

When your highlight of the week is attending a local fish club meeting! Surrounded by fish nerds who only talk about everything aquatic. I'm in my element at that time. I do find auctions exciting. Bringing a big cooler and wad of cash with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

you borrow an idea from someone's screen lid for a rimless tank and decide that with a wee modification it could work great for not only a rimless tank but a Betta container so they don't do a carpet surf (and still let the light in for the planted tank)!

you like that bed - it is pretty awesome! And think you might need to start collecting trendy lego sets and getting the nearby kid to put them together and stick them into a tank and make $900.

Your fish poops and you quickly bust out the net before it hits the gravel.....

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom