You might be an aquarium nerd if...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're a true nerd if you go often enough to the LFS to get the chance to hear somebody say :
"I want to return this mag float because it had been floating in my tank for 2 weeks and has not collected any algae."

Or something like that

"So what kind of skimmer do you have? "Oh, I'm pretty sure it's a protein skimmer.""

Or maybe when you buy some new corals and don't want your wife to know (about money lol) When she's in the room but hasn't seen it yet, exclaim "LOOK WHAT GREW OUT OF THAT ROCK!!!

The spouse planned two anniversary weekends around my fish-nerdiness. One was to the Baltimore Inner Harbor to visit the National Aquarium (and check out the beautiful tank at the Barnes & Noble store). The second was to Virgina Beach to see the Virginia Marine Science Museum :fish2:

When another aquarium nerd says the water should have a "woody smell", you know exactly what they're talking about and can imagine the smell of it.

When you cook your dinner and you think right what veg can me and the fish have tonight

we're gona need a bigger tank (boat).. JAWS ~~~∆~~\o/~~

When you have a fish tank thats nearly the same size as your small sofa you know you got an addiction. Guilty

we're gona need a bigger tank (boat).. JAWS ~~~∆~~\o/~~

The spouse planned two anniversary weekends around my fish-nerdiness. One was to the Baltimore Inner Harbor to visit the National Aquarium (and check out the beautiful tank at the Barnes & Noble store). The second was to Virgina Beach to see the Virginia Marine Science Museum :fish2:

Nice!!!!

I actually prepared a pea for my betta not to long ago... LOL!

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

When you get freaked out in the middle of the night when you can't hear any bubbles going from the filter.

When you play hide and go seek with your Dwarf Puffer (way funner than playing with brothers btw)

When you care more about your brothers betta than he does himself.

When you do a water change just because your dwarf puffer is sulking around a bit.

Nils

If you turn your tanks sideways on the racks so your wife doesn't know you doubled in the number of tanks

Traveling to visit my daughter at college next month. Googling lfs in the area :whistle:

Spouse and kids wanted a wish list for my birthday, it consisted of fish and fish books :fish2:

Back in January we went to visit family about 6 hours away. We definitely stopped at a lfs there lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm laughing at the comments that include hiding fish stuff and expenses from non-aquarium minded spouses. I *totally* get that!

My hubby knows that assisting me with the aquarium or not commenting on fish-related purchases is the best way to show how much he loves me.

And he detests fish tanks and admits that it is a totally irrational thing. That was well before I got the bug from taking care of a betta in my classroom.

After five or so years he is willing to look at the inhabitants of the tank and see their beauty a touch. I owe him something for such tolerance. I really had no idea it would last so long.

Keeping my sleeves wet...

~ Sent via Carrier Goldfish

I'm laughing at the comments that include hiding fish stuff and expenses from non-aquarium minded spouses. I *totally* get that!

My hubby knows that assisting me with the aquarium or not commenting on fish-related purchases is the best way to show how much he loves me.

And he detests fish tanks and admits that it is a totally irrational thing. That was well before I got the bug from taking care of a betta in my classroom.

After five or so years he is willing to look at the inhabitants of the tank and see their beauty a touch. I owe him something for such tolerance. I really had no idea it would last so long.

Keeping my sleeves wet...

~ Sent via Carrier Goldfish

That was beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom