You might be an aquarium nerd if...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When you buy a Betta, telling hubby it's for the child....and gladly take it when they get bored ;)

When hubby says you spend too much on the tanks, and throws a number at you......and you spend an hour adding up everything you've bought, to see if you can refute him??

When you actually set up a corner of the house with an armchair and a fish tank, so you can relax....

You want to buy a power meter to find out how much power all the bling lights and gadgets are using, but are not game to in case your other half finds out.

You have a deal with your neighbor to have parcels delivered to him and he passes them over the fence (er, so I've heard told).

Everything on your Christmas list is fish related

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Done that....2015, all I wanted was my 29gallon bow front
This Christmas it was my 38gallon bow front

For my birthday I want a reliable heater for the Betta

Plant nerd.......while at work stop at a pond if it looks like there might be good plants lol.

Every extra (fun/spending money) dollar is an earmark for an aquarium supply item aquisition.

You'd rather spend $8-10 on a fish tank related item than a movie theater ticket... and wait til later for the free version!

I LOVE this thread!

When your parents keep telling you no more fish related stuff

When you get a Betta fish + 1 gallon tank for Christmas, because your parents immediately thought to get him for you when they saw him...even though it has been 7 years since you last owned a fish.

When, upon getting a surprise fish, you automatically start researching for ways to better improve his life, haven't stopped yet a month later...and don't show any signs of slowing down.

Last edited:
When you have a dedicated freezer space for fish food.
When you know the delivery schedule of the LFSs.
When someone casually tells you about their tank and you are excited to find someone else in real life who UNDERSTANDS.

You've made the last post on several of the threads in the timeline view.... I need to go to bed....

Haha!

When you add 1/8th of a teaspoon of KH to a tank late at night, just to get that little bit more hardness in the water.

When you get home from work and find a new fish missing.. You panic. Sit there eyes glued to the tank, until the little guy shows up!

When your husband rolls his eyes at your comment that you are having a "quick trip" to the lfs..

Haha!

When you add 1/8th of a teaspoon of KH to a tank late at night, just to get that little bit more hardness in the water.

When you get home from work and find a new fish missing.. You panic. Sit there eyes glued to the tank, until the little guy shows up!

When your husband rolls his eyes at your comment that you are having a "quick trip" to the lfs..

Lol on the last one :)

Yes, and when your spouse doesn't really want to go on long day outings because you will want to stop at several far away lfs.

You spend hours upon hours on the computer helping people learn more about fish, (and researching things about fish) and can't get enough pics of pretty tanks and shrimp and other people's new acquisions.

you hope someone you know or meet even suggests something about a fish that you might be able to share the joys of fish keeping.

You have too many tanks to take care of but "wish" you still had a Betta. And a rack of different kinds of dwarf shrimp tanks. And....

I just hate life at the moment. Cleaning house and doing laundry all the while wishing I could clean my tanks...[emoji36]

Just gonna have to keep my bottom lip stuck out until tomorrow ...

When your parents are wondering why you always go down the the forest or river and think your doing something shady but really your just trying to find cool branches and rocks for your aquarium.

I just hate life at the moment. Cleaning house and doing laundry all the while wishing I could clean my tanks...[emoji36]

Just gonna have to keep my bottom lip stuck out until tomorrow ...
I was having the same day yesterday

Back
Top Bottom