You might be an aquarium nerd if...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If..............
Leds cross.your.mind more than 10 times a day.
You check cl for "things" weekly
Your cat flops in front of your tank only to be moved to cat appropriate spaces.
Your gf calls you a fish nerd (oxymoron I suppose)
You have 12k posts on an aquarium website
You frequent an Aquarium website
You consider names on a fish forum real people, not imaginary friends
You get wicked excited when finnex releases a new led
the whole waking up in the middle of the night to check tanks was so last year...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If..............
Leds cross.your.mind more than 10 times a day.
You check cl for "things" weekly
Your cat flops in front of your tank only to be moved to cat appropriate spaces.
Your gf calls you a fish nerd (oxymoron I suppose)
You have 12k posts on an aquarium website
You frequent an Aquarium website
You consider names on a fish forum real people, not imaginary friends
You get wicked excited when finnex releases a new led
the whole waking up in the middle of the night to check tanks was so last year...

LOL!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How about these?
You know the difference between frozen foods by touch alone!
(Bloodworms have squared corners, mosquito larvae are slightly rounded, etc)

The hose from the reservoir holds 150ml water (useful when filling a 1litre jug)

You can mix water in a bucket to an almost precise TDS level virtually every time.

You don't know why, but something is wrong, so you check, you find, you fix!

You have a dedicated freezer for a bulk buy of frozen.

Everything in the kitchen can also be used in the fish house!
Whisks, jugs, knives, chopping boards, a kettle etc. (now permanent items)

You have more tanks than you can fill, just in case!

Even if you have all that, you still want more!

If you have 371 bookmarks and 365 are fish care sheets, videos, and other fish stuff.

If you type 'a' in your browser and the first 3 results are aquariumadvice.com, aqadvisor.com, and aquariumadvice.com/usercp

Lol, lol - you people need a life!!

(Sent from the inside of the new fish store.....).

I have a very busy life!! Real people, real activities.. it's nice to space out into a tank and watch fish do fish things.. forget about it all..

I have a very busy life!! Real people, real activities.. it's nice to space out into a tank and watch fish do fish things.. forget about it all..

I agree. It's relaxing after a long day of work to come home and see all your beautiful fish friends and relax.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Alas, I have no time - I'm too busy researching (what was it) - phenoxyethanol and other weird aquarium stuff.. Never seen it, will never use it ... but that was the last two nights gone. Saltwater must be sooo much to learn (I assume??).

:ROFLMAO:

Ol' mister 4k+ posts!:blink:

This is our life, you're part of it brother!

:whistle:

Oops :)

I can give it up anytime....

Seriously though, I do wonder when I'm inside a lfs looking around AND on the forum at the same time AND reading the fish handbook app I have.

If there is a new lfs I will go to that over the coffee shop (which the family finds really disturbing).

Don't you kid yourself!
(You know you'd start twitching even before the first tank was completely empty)

I just, gotta, I gotta get me, a fish fix! Arghhhhhh, twitchy twitch a twitch!

You're in, there is no way out!
(I bet even if you do go to the coffee shop, you're reading about fish, periodic grunts and nods to the family, ummm yeah, uh-huh, yeah. Let me ask you this,
What were they talking about?)

I have a question. When will I finally be satisfied with my aquariums and just stop to enjoy them? I just keep getting more and more, and adding new things, and upgrading, and I don't think I can stop.

I have a question. When will I finally be satisfied with my aquariums and just stop to enjoy them? I just keep getting more and more, and adding new things, and upgrading, and I don't think I can stop.

I have this same problem so much it's not even funny.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I'm sorry but I don't think it is possible to stop and I am completely fine with that lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Hmm. I think that answer is... NEVER? Perhaps it is part of being creative. It is a never-ending journey and the aquarium is just one way we creative types can express ourselves.

Same here. The floor in front of the tank is kinda my zen garden. I sit, I calm down after my busy day, and I think of nothing. I get an immense bit of relief and decompression after work. It's soothing, to say the least.

Better yet, when I am tinkering on my few days off and have Pandora playing my favorite symphonies in the background... I have wiled away many hours just tinkering and enjoying music.

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?
http://floridaorchidendlers.com

Hmm. I think that answer is... NEVER? Perhaps it is part of being creative. It is a never-ending journey and the aquarium is just one way we creative types can express ourselves.

Same here. The floor in front of the tank is kinda my zen garden. I sit, I calm down after my busy day, and I think of nothing. I get an immense bit of relief and decompression after work. It's soothing, to say the least.

Better yet, when I am tinkering on my few days off and have Pandora playing my favorite symphonies in the background... I have wiled away many hours just tinkering and enjoying music.

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?
http://floridaorchidendlers.com

Lol I relax after work with my tanks too. Except all my fish are metal heads with me instead of symphonies :p

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

One time I went into my LFS twice with only 30 minutes in between. Imagine the look of "lol you are back already" I got from the employees XD

I had to go to the grocery store and realized they just put in a new lfs right next to it. Obviously I veered. Next thing I know my husband calls me and asked me where I was and am I ok. I told him where I was and I then looked at the time. I was in there for an hour and a half. It was like I blacked out. Lol.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom