You might be an aquarium nerd if...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When you guys go to a new LFS do you survey everything quickly then go over the aisles more slowly like two or three times once you know where everything is?

When you guys go to a new LFS do you survey everything quickly then go over the aisles more slowly like two or three times once you know where everything is?

Yes if I would ever get a new LFS! Not many around here :/

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Know how you feel, Folsom literally has no LFS besides PetCo and two Petsmarts. Because of this I have to frequent Sac and Davis XD

1. You might be an aquarium nerd if every time you go out to eat with your family you ask to be driven to the LFS
2. You might be an aquarium nerd if you ask to go to the LFS and your family asks if you are buying anything and you say no not understanding the thought process of nonfishtank people (muggles)

Know how you feel, Folsom literally has no LFS besides PetCo and two Petsmarts. Because of this I have to frequent Sac and Davis XD

1. You might be an aquarium nerd if every time you go out to eat with your family you ask to be driven to the LFS
2. You might be an aquarium nerd if you ask to go to the LFS and your family asks if you are buying anything and you say no not understanding the thought process of nonfishtank people (muggles)

That perfectly describes me! Also, when you walk into PetCo to go collect some pond snails and the guy looks up once, hands you a net and a bag because he already knows what I'm there for, and when I leave tells me to say hi to my puffer for him.

I'm also a nerd because I spend more time with my fish than I do on school, and tell them to look outside because it snowed and this only happens a few times a year. There's nothing better than a fish tank!

Oh yeah, when you're hanging out with friends in the woods and you say you're going to go check the creek for plants, and your friend just groans. What can I say? I've found some pretty cool ones!

Nils

Hahaha my friends hate when I do that! Sometimes I will bring crocs in a backpack and a ziploc bag or two just in case I find a native plant fish or invert I want to keep. Or a rock. All my rocks are wild caught. People say I should only keep captive bred rocks, but the wild ones are so cool! :lol:

I think I will start going to the lake more often to find some cool natives to keep.

I love collecting wild things from streams, lakes and rivers! Although, it has got me a lot of worms at some point, but that was at least 3 years ago.

Nils

When I was ten I kept two male mosquitofish with my betta in a one gallon tank, I really liked them.

I might set up a Folsom biotope tank in the future hahaha

I always get rocks and stuff, then end up chickening out of putting them in because either I don't have space or I don't want parasites, but they make a nice pile in the yard!!

Nils

... if your brain and heart are at odds in regards to how much and how often to feed your fish.

When you can't think of anything to do, you decide to do a PWC. Or name each of your snails. Or sing to the guppy fry (I did that yesterday).

You might be an aquarium nerd if every time you rescape you demand your friends and family come over and observe it for at least 3 minutes.

You ARE an aquarium nerd when you think it is absolutely hilarious when you see your Yoyo loach steal food from your keyhole cichlids mouth. Then realize no one else thinks it's funny.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You might be an aquarium nerd if you over hear two people talking about how their goldfish died in under 1 year due to natural causes, and think about how many other things could have caused the deaths.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm one of those people that want to help people with picking fish at the LFS more than the employees lol

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I have a question. When will I finally be satisfied with my aquariums and just stop to enjoy them? I just keep getting more and more, and adding new things, and upgrading, and I don't think I can stop.

NEVER, seriously though I started with a 55
And then BAM. Now I have 35 and counting.... I think I need help....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NEVER, seriously though I started with a 55
And then BAM. Now I have 35 and counting.... I think I need help....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35 running tanks? Or 1 35 gallon? Lol 35 running would be too much work for me unless they were breeders.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Back
Top Bottom