You might be an aquarium nerd if...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally, my GF wasn't loving thoses tanks... (20g reef+ 29g hightech planted tanks)..

Now she really like to look at thoses fishs (plants, corals, alges, etc...)

Thoses are my tanks :D

When your the only 13 year old in your state with a rcs tank along with a planted tank and piranha tank and you tell your friends about your fish and they just kinda look at you and slowly nod

Or when you drive 30 minutes away to go to the good fish store were the people know what there talking about unlike those other fish stores

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

When your the only 13 year old in your state with a rcs tank along with a planted tank and piranha tank and you tell your friends about your fish and they just kinda look at you and slowly nod

I'm 19 and everyone I know does this to me. They think I've gone looney.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Or the only place your parents allow you to put aquariums is in your room but then you have trouble keeping them all cold enough EVEN THOUGH it's 20 degrees out side lol

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Oh wait their letting me put a 55 in the family room... Time to expand...

Haha! I'm not going to say how old I am, but I completely get that one. ?

When I post a lot of stuff on Instagram about my fish, and people say I should see a counselor about my addiction.

Nils

Or the only place your parents allow you to put aquariums is in your room but then you have trouble keeping them all cold enough EVEN THOUGH it's 20 degrees out side lol

I have a 10 and a 45 tall in my room lol and a 75 in the family room. Only because it's too big for my room. It took a lot of convincing.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

When theres a tank in every room of the house but the bathroom.

When you have 3 cars and a boat and they all live out in the weather so theres room for tanks.

When you spend $1900 on a shed so there's more room for tanks.

When your electricity bill comes and its less than $2000 and you're actully glad.

When you stopped counting at 60 tanks...

WHen I go to the bar, and the people say "Look, this is the fishkeeper, the guy with some kind of anemone corals"... (I assume they don't make any difference between an nem and a coral -_-)

I'm 17 and trust me man, high schoolers aren't anymore accepting ?

•22 gal zebra danio, 75 gal red ear slider•

When your entire youtube history looks like this:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-21-09-11-15~01.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-21-09-11-15~01.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 136
This thread is great. At 42, I've found the adult/mom community is just as weirded out. Yay for online forums and local fish clubs!

It's like this for many hobbies, though. We just tend to be more spread out, I think. The vegans can all hang out together at Whole Foods, runners at the running stores and local 5Ks, and the Paleo, Keto, and Cross-fit folks at their gyms.

We just have to make a little effort to find each other. It's worth it! :)

Keeping my sleeves wet...

~ Sent via Carrier Goldfish

It's CRAZY how much money you can throw at this hobby. Time, too, but that's more a privilege than a cost.

But I've leaned so much about biology, physics (light, fluid dynamics), and chemistry...

It's like I paid for a college course but got a free fish tank into the bargain.

Yes indeed, I've been in the hobby for almost 4 years now and have 4 tanks. Within that time I know I've probably put in over 3000.00 dollars. A third of that was on things I thought I needed and really didn't. Lots of mistakes are made in this hobby as well, so fun and addictive though.

Back
Top Bottom